Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   Just released, 04-07 1500, 2500, 3500, C&C airbag recall (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/just-released-04-07-1500-2500-3500-c-c-airbag-recall-320386/)

Grit Dog 05-20-2015 04:02 PM

Where is the list of recalled Vin #'s? Or do you have to wait until you get a letter? Pretty sure Dodge doesn't know where I live since truck is registered 2000mi away from my current mailing address, past the forwarding period.

Had a buddy in an older (2000ish) F 150 about 5 years ago. Tapped the rear bumper of a (Porsche Cayenne turbo of all vehicles). LIttle to no damage to either vehicle. It was literally a 2mph type collision. Both airbags went off in his truck. Instant total loss by the insurance adjuster on a pristine truck that had been very well maintained. He didn't get hurt, but lost a lot of $ that day!

Danderson 05-20-2015 08:21 PM

News said 1/500 mil chance of bodily harm. Much more likely to be struck by lightning.
That being said my Honda Pilot was fixed months ago.

Steve-l 05-21-2015 01:32 AM

My concern is that Chrysler is managing their cost of this incredibly expensive recall, by not posting known fault laden vehicles from their VIN list. They can do this because there is currently no way for external agencies to police it. I do appreciated that replacement air bags will be a problem from a supply perspective, but there needs to be a way to establish liability in case of consequential damages. At the moment, folks like me are absorbing Dodges liability without consequence.

wazz_zup 05-31-2015 10:04 AM

Mine is definitely on the recall list! Go to safer car dot gov and plug in your vin.
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/
I ain't waiting around for some letter from Dodge, I'm calling the dealer Monday.

Steve-l 06-01-2015 03:12 AM

You can go to any website that lists eligible vehicles by VIN, but if Dodge doesn't list your VIN as eligible, it will be on no one's site, including the Governments. Unfortunately, only Dodge controls this list. Therefore, it would be next to impossible to assign responsibility for consequential damages in case of an airbag incident. That is my concern.

ssandlin 06-15-2015 08:57 AM

Well I guess the recall expansion got me included now since I received one in the mail Saturday. Have an appointment for this Friday to get it fixed.

rockcrawler304 06-15-2015 08:15 PM

Just got mine in the mail today. Need to call tomorrow to make appointment.

RamGazer 06-16-2015 10:31 PM

I got mine yesterday.

ChargerLighting 07-15-2015 09:47 AM

Got my notice about 2? weeks ago saying my '05 is on this list..BUT...parts aren't available yet. But they would notify me when they came in. Went to the dealer for an ABS light on Monday & they had the inflators, so I got it done. Took maybe 30 minutes.

railroaderone 07-23-2015 05:14 PM

Mines on the list can't be seen till Aug and then they will order parts after verification

Steve-l 07-27-2015 06:00 AM

They still do not have my truck on the recall list. In the article today relating to the record fine for incorrect handling of recalls, managing the vehicles on the recall list and parts delays have been just some of the reasons for the fines and increased oversight.

thenrie 09-07-2016 11:15 PM

I'm like ChargerLightning. My letter says my truck is affected, but no parts available yet. They'll send another letter when parts are available. Then the letter says that if you already had it fixed, contact the dealer for reimbursement. Strange that you can have it done, but the dealer doesn't have parts.

Seabiscuit 06-19-2017 09:38 PM

2005 model on the recall

well I got a Passenger side airbag inflator recall letter yesterday. Annoying. My dash is the 05 model, and has no cracks or rattles, its perfect.
I am a little worried that some yah-hoo is going to break a tab, or force something and forget something, and then its rattle city. Not a nice Cummins rattle, but an frustrating dash rattle. I am on the fence.

This whole thing is annoying, they are putting the same dam airbag back in and supposed new inflator.
Any 05 and earlier owners, what was your experience like ? Did they get the dash back in ok?
Did they perform the TSB for the air intake deflector for the HVAC system ?
This is not good. Its bogus man !

saggonwaggon91 06-20-2017 06:20 AM

Just got letters on both my 05 3500 and 05 Durango..........

HMX-1 06-20-2017 11:23 PM

We got out letters for the wife's '06 and my '08 (Dec '07 build date).

Nothing on the youngest's '04 .... guess I need to make a phone call.

-Kris