3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

I contacted the Road Safety Division of the Canadian Transportation Board.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by cby52
I too have been on my dealer about a fix. He's opened a "Care" report which is supposed to be the same as a "Star Hotline File" for Dodge.

I showed him a copy of the fix previously posted and so far he hasn't said he wouldn't implement it but he's hesitant to do so until he tries the normal dealer stuff.

My concern is that with the warmer weather coming on, it's less of a problem since windows are open more often, and it'll be next winter before they start taking the problem seriously. By then we'll have to start over again.

Tom
I agree...I am already noticing that.

Scotty
Old 03-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on the bright side by next fall they should have a fix developed and can implement it with available parts.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally posted by spots
on the bright side by next fall they should have a fix developed and can implement it with available parts.
That would work too.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:35 PM

Getting the run around from my dealer also.

Filed an official complaint with the NHTSA. Hopefully if enough of us do the same we'll get some help.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Goggleyed
Filed an official complaint with the NHTSA. Hopefully if enough of us do the same we'll get some help.
I thought about that too. The dealer didn't think that was a good idea, no surprise. Anyone have any luck getting the Fed's to help on similar problems?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:15 PM

Is there any type of "Lemon Law" up in the Great White North that you could use? I have a friend down here in PA who had a Ford 6.0 for 6 months (2 months in shop) and Ford bought it back for the exact price that he paid for it. Your situation sounds much more serious and dangerous that just having a truck that ran like crap like my friend's.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally posted by Diesel Dave
Is there any type of "Lemon Law" up in the Great White North that you could use? I have a friend down here in PA who had a Ford 6.0 for 6 months (2 months in shop) and Ford bought it back for the exact price that he paid for it. Your situation sounds much more serious and dangerous that just having a truck that ran like crap like my friend's.
No Lemon law and if you are registered commercial...there are no provisions for arbitration.

I just love this country and the free health care.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by Scotty
No Lemon law and if you are registered commercial...there are no provisions for arbitration.

I just love this country and the free health care.
Yea but just think Scotty after you've been afixiated you can be resesitated for free.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally posted by tankeryanker
Yea but just think Scotty after you've been afixiated you can be resesitated for free.
Yeah thats what I was thinking. So I guess all is well.
why be concerned?
Old 03-19-2004, 06:52 AM

The dealer suggested I call Dodge. When I talked to Dodge HQ on the phone they wanted to have me talk to their arbitration folks, to get me out of the vehicle. I said isn't that a bit severe? I have one problem and I'd like to know that is not a health and safety issue and that Dodge is working on it. It sounds to me like their getting a lot of “Lemon Law” requests.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally posted by cby52
The dealer suggested I call Dodge. When I talked to Dodge HQ on the phone they wanted to have me talk to their arbitration folks, to get me out of the vehicle. I said isn't that a bit severe? I have one problem and I'd like to know that is not a health and safety issue and that Dodge is working on it. It sounds to me like their getting a lot of “Lemon Law” requests.
Or they want the customers to be happy and if any problems arise they take care of they quickly, unlike Ford.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:50 PM

Hey,

Did any of you guys ever come up with a fix for this? My wife is pregnant and it makes her sick to ride with me -- I mean, pull over and let her out sick! I inspected under my cowl and found that I do not have any of the four plugs. From the air freshener test, I feel that they will help quite a bit if I could find the part numbers. I spent an hour or two looking through parts and couldn't find anything at all.

Like the rest of you, I really need to figure out a fix for this. If anybody has any updated info, please let me know!

Thanks!!

David
Old 10-06-2004, 01:20 AM

No more smell at 29K!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:29 AM

Mine has decreased slightly since I got the truck, but it's VERY bad for about 800 miles after each oil change.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:48 PM

Carbon Monoxide is bad new,can have some long term effects..

http://www.cronaca.com/archives/000459.html

Quick Reply: I contacted the Road Safety Division of the Canadian Transportation Board.