Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   How to: Driver side door panel removal (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/how-driver-side-door-panel-removal-270558/)

madhat 05-24-2010 09:37 PM

How to: Driver side door panel removal

Evenin, DTR. Made a little vid, I was having a problem with my door lock, trouble shot it down to the switch. Figured I'd do a door panel removal DIY... The other panels are almost the same, easy cheesy. Be careful to apply pressure to the door panel when re-installing, the cheap Dodge trim will break, and you'll be gluing the face that holds your lock/window assembly back down. When you saw me re-install the connectors, that is where you need to push the trim down.

Enjoy! Remember, I did this impromptu... I'm not a pro. One day, I might be like the guys on Spike... Stacey David or some crap... :)

Tools required: T40, #2 phillips. Beer. :)

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_MOV02790.jpg

Blake Clark 05-24-2010 10:14 PM

Good vid.

Ive taken mine down so many times they are starting to rattle some. Well probably due to the rougher ride with the leveling kit and the 35's. Probably next week gonna take one down at a time, give it a good nook and cranny cleaning, and put some sticky back felt on all the hooks and contact points. Maybe that will help.

Props to the camera man, or woman.

Looks like you got a mega to detail next.

PRO-NRA 05-24-2010 10:17 PM

Very nice job vid MADHAT. I could have used this three years ago when I did the sound insulation on my truck.

Dr.Dizzle 05-24-2010 10:18 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the video tutorial. I purchased a new set of door speakers and your presentation could not have come at a better time.

Chuck

madhat 05-24-2010 11:24 PM

Blake,
Yes, she's a beaut! (the camera woman!) The mega is this weekend, as a matter of fact. I wanted to do her's first, but I needed to check my detailing skills on mine first, it's been a long time. For what it's worth, my door panels rattled, it was the joint in the center of the cubby... a piece of paper folded fixed it.

Pro... sorry I was late. Better that than never, right?

Chuck, the speakers are easy. Just take head about what I said about plugging the wires back in to the panel, or you'll need some glue.

I'm here to serve! :)

Blake Clark 05-25-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2772651)
For what it's worth, my door panels rattled, it was the joint in the center of the cubby... a piece of paper folded fixed it.

Thanks for the tip, gonna see if that is it. Sounds like the passenger side is the storage cubby rattlin.

jdreckard 05-25-2010 10:19 AM

I have a rear passenger door lock that will not function. What did you find to be the problem?

Also, maybe it is just me but I cant find the video.

madhat 05-25-2010 11:44 AM

The video is in the post... it is hosted by photobucket.

Usually, when the rear door locks do not work, the wire in between the door and the body is pinched. If you don't see anything there, you need to look for voltages at the connector to see if it is your motor or wiring.

cincydiesel 05-25-2010 11:57 AM

Great vid, almost too perfect. Did you guys rehearse beforehand?[laugh]

Scotty 05-25-2010 05:41 PM

Good vid Sandy.
I had to replace the wire harness on my mega. Five of the wires where severed. I got the harness for 40.00 at the dealer. Came complete...not a bad deal. Common problem on these trucks is the wires breaking to the back doors.

Isawthreegrainsofsandonthecarpet [laugh][duhhh]

madhat 05-25-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2772903)
Great vid, almost too perfect. Did you guys rehearse beforehand?[laugh]

Kinda... I just told her what I was going to do. This is not the first madhat video she's helped me with.

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 2773078)
Good vid Sandy.

Isawthreegrainsofsandonthecarpet [laugh][duhhh]

More than that!!!

bonus 05-28-2010 10:54 AM

cant see the video

I think you spent more time on pooring br3wsky then taking off the panel ,,,,, good job soldier!

madhat 05-28-2010 08:00 PM

Normally, we are refereed to as Marines, but thanks!

bonus 05-28-2010 08:33 PM

GOOD job Marine!!! [redface]

jdreckard 06-01-2010 07:24 AM

Thanks madhat. I will do some searching. I hope it is that simple. Do you have to take the panel appart to check this?