Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   How do you get the painted grill? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/how-do-you-get-painted-grill-22404/)

01-08-2003 12:35 PM

How do you get the painted grill?

None of the dealers I talked to seem to know how to order an 03 with the painted grill coweling without the sport package.
Phil

commonrail 01-08-2003 12:43 PM

Re:How do you get the painted grill?

I think you have to do it a a separate ordered part. I can understand why you would want it that way, I like the looks with the Sport grill but I wish I didn't have the full painted bumpers. You also get the aluminum wheels with the Sport package but can delete them for some credit (but I like the wheels). The other down side of the Sport package is body side mouldings are deleted. The lower grill/air dam is also unique to the Sport bumper.<br><br>I'd guess I would suggest looking into the cost of the grill surround by itself &amp; buy a billet grill insert which will be better quality but still look like the Sport version.<br>Kris

Mopar_Mudder 01-08-2003 01:19 PM

The Laraime package has the surrond (horse collar) part of the grill painted if that helps you.

TON4FUN 01-08-2003 01:25 PM

I checked on the price of doing mine like your wanting to do yours. Its about $370.00 bucks for the piece that is color matched to your truck. The chrome grille insert is another $100 bucks. So for about $500 bucks you can get that cool color matched grill with billet insert. <br><br>Here is pic of my truck with the chrome insert only. <br><br>Hope that helps.<br><br>

Mr.Goat 01-08-2003 07:10 PM

Diesel Phil<br><br> My grill is is painted to match my body colour (patriot blue)in the circumference only, the cross pieces in the middle are chrome.<br> I ordered the Laramie pkge and it came with it, I don't like it. I wish the whole grill was chrome. It's starting to bug me enough that I'am thinking of ordering a plain chrome one but I'am scared to ask the price. Pete

blownbanana 01-08-2003 08:52 PM

Mr. Goat,<br>Perhaps someone would be interested in trading your Laramie grill for a chrome one?

Moparior 01-08-2003 09:33 PM

[quote author=Mr.Goat link=board=17;threadid=9384;start=0#90040 date=1042074635]<br>Diesel Phil<br><br> My grill is is painted to match my body colour (patriot blue)in the circumference only, the cross pieces in the middle are chrome.<br> I ordered the Laramie pkge and it came with it, I don't like it. I wish the whole grill was chrome. It's starting to bug me enough that I'am thinking of ordering a plain chrome one but I'am scared to ask the price. Pete<br>[/quote]<br><br>Too bad you're not heading my way Mr. Goat, I happen to have a full chrome grille I would probably sell. I prefer the looks of the sport grille, so when I bought my truck, I had the dealer order me a sport grille as part of the deal. When I got my new grille, they put my original one in a box and gave it back to me. Here is a pic of my truck with the sport grille.

TON4FUN 01-08-2003 11:55 PM

I like the look either way as long as it has the chrome insert. That blue looks good. I'm happy with the way mine turned out. I get a many compliments from 1500 guys and want to do the same to their truck. I'd say the chrome outside is prob. close to the price of the color matched one from the dealer. <br><br>Maybe Moparior will sell you his and you could sell yours on e-bay, I'm sure you would'nt have a hard time selling it.

Mr.Goat 01-09-2003 06:49 PM

Morparior<br><br> Not likely I'll be down your way anytime soon, and she's a little far for a weekend jaunt. I appreciate you making the offer but I'am uncertain of the feasability. My email is; wyecroft@csolve.net If you wish send me the pertinent details. And I'll check out a few things from this end.<br><br> Pete

BRDIESEL 01-09-2003 11:57 PM

:o The painted grill is standard on the Laramie and looks like an option on the SLT 8)

01-11-2003 10:13 AM

Found this order code for Bright Grill, MFD. Mean anything to anybody?<br>Phil