3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

help finding body panels

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
help finding body panels

My truck has a bad case of rust along the bottom and I'm going to replace all the bad panels. I was able to find cab corners and rear wheel well replacement planels, but I can't find the rocker panels for a mega cab.

The only thing I can find is the quad cab rocker panels with Dodge you have to buy the complete cab side. From rockers to the roof, a little over kill, if someone could help I'd appericated it
Old 02-22-2017, 11:10 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Rocker panels

Did you notice inner rockers had tape over drain holes on both sides ? Mine did , strange not a random piece on tape torn off and stuck on there but , same size over every drain hole . Look at this before replacing outer skins , this maybe the cause of failure , I remove tail lights and rinse out bed sides after every winter season to remove salt spray also . I know this doesn't repair your issues but may help new panels to last a bit longer
Old 02-24-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by death row dave
Did you notice inner rockers had tape over drain holes on both sides ? Mine did , strange not a random piece on tape torn off and stuck on there but , same size over every drain hole . Look at this before replacing outer skins , this maybe the cause of failure , I remove tail lights and rinse out bed sides after every winter season to remove salt spray also . I know this doesn't repair your issues but may help new panels to last a bit longer
I'm going to coat the inside of the new panels with a rust proof coating and I've made a stainless line that's going to be placed inside that I can use to spray the inside of the body with oil
Old 03-04-2017, 08:53 AM

Well I found the parts I needed in case anybody else runs across needing body parts check at Browns of two rivers.Com