3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Got My Truck!!!!- My Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got My Truck!!!!- My Impressions

Finally got to get my truck today...very happy with the truck...lots of power...room inside...some observations...<br><br>- The woodgrain dash is not all that extra....for the extra bucks I was expecting much more<br>- Floor mats suck...in the rear no mats at all...this is what we get in a have a mortgage vehicle??<br>- When truck goes into gear..seems it is a little abrupt...anyone else have this opinion??<br>- No light under the hood...wasn't this suppose to be included in the Laraime package?<br>- Have a question on an administration fee...charged $189.00 for the ******* filling out paper work!!!...argued and argued ..checked with other stealers and including Ford amd GM...they all charge it. Why do we have to pay for the ******* to fill out a bill of sale???? isn't that what they are in business for?? Comments and experiences please.<br>- Truck came iwth Micheln tires :P...this company is by far the most difficult to deal with if you have a problem. Good Year or BF would have been much better.<br><br>I am very happy with the running of the vehicle...the powertain is wonderful...the engine is awsome...the noise level is unbelieveable, very quite...I guess DC were cheap in a few areas...the ******* was just as cheap....would not even throw in a set of mats after he had promised.<br><br><br>Your comments and observations please<br><br><br>A Wantabee No Longer <br><br><br>Delivered...'03 2500 Quad 4X2 SWB Laraime loaded with everything except Heated seats, Atlantic Blue ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 10-29-2002, 10:36 PM

Re:Got My Truck!!!!- My Impressions

Wanna<br><br>Well, I &quot;think&quot; underhood light is standard on Laramie? But not on regular trucks?<br><br>As far as dealer add ons, you are dealing with a &quot;*******&quot; and they are in cohots with the other &quot;stealers&quot; Don't happen here (or I guess, didn't happen to me at my dealer :-)<br><br>I have a 6 speed, can't help you there<br><br>And BFG in my understanding is owned by Michelin, and in my case, SRW 3500, the only tire in the world that would work on my truck is a Michelin, no one else makes one that will meet government specs.<br><br>And my dealer has bent over backwords to do stuff and work with me!<br><br>Hunter<br>
Old 10-29-2002, 11:40 PM

Sorry to break the bubble, Wannabe, BF Goodrich is owned by Michelin. It is not the Manufacturer you must deal with for warranty issues. The retail store/dealer for the tires handles warranties and adjustments.

I have purchased Michelins at Costco for over 15 years. One time they installed the wrong load rating on my truck. I didn't discover it for several months. I took my truck in. They gave me a full refund as they could not obtain the correct load rating. Had to purchase tires elsewhere and return the used tires to Costco.

My 98 came with Goodyears, they lasted 30,000 miles. Replaced the Goodyears with Michelins, they lasted for 50,000 miles.

As for the dealer charging for Documents, that is standard on new vehicles in Calif. It is called Document Preparation Fee, mine was $45.00. Different states require different documents. It involves preparing all necessary documents to register the vehicle and presenting them to DMV for you.

Sorry you are bent out of shape, sounds like your ******* doesn't believe in service.

I drove 200 miles to my dealer to pick up my 2003. I purchased my 98 Ram from him also. The next vehicle I purchase will be from him. Why?

I write a letter describing the vehicle I will buy, list all the optional equipment I want on this vehicle. He gives me the price, $75.00 over Invoice. I send a deposit check which in California means we have an enforceable contract. When the vehicle arrives I pick it up, sign the necessary papers and hand him my check. We remain friends this way.

I start my truck and drive the 200 miles home.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:03 PM

IF YOU ONLY PAID 189 FOR DOC FEES YOU GOT OUT CHEAP<br><br>WE HAVE A CHEBBY DEALER HERE CHARGING 399 DOC FEES<br><br>HE DONT HAVE TO MAKE A WHOLE LOT ON A SALE HE MAKES <br><br>HIS MONEY ON DOC FEES ;D ;D<br><br>I THINK OF DOC FEES AS GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE AND<br><br>HAVING TO PAY FOR THE PLASTIC BAGS OR THE REGISTER <br><br>TAPE <br><br>ANYWAY I GUESS ITS JUST A NEW WAY OF MAKING MONEY
Old 10-30-2002, 09:13 PM

Got mine back tonite after two day absence for undercoat, overcoat, inside coat and Line X bedliner (love it!)<br><br>Looking at mud flaps (Husky) they any good? And steps, forgot the name, but they are stainless steel and are just the step, not the whole nerf thingie which I don't care for.<br><br>Having CB radio installed next week, Cobra, the little one that looks like a microphone with all the controls on the head (due to the lack of space to mount a real CB) with Larsen antenna and Dodge bracket for the hood.<br><br>Have the Leer XO canopy ordered, to show up in about a week, and already have the Prodigy control that the Leer people will install for $10 when they install the canopy.<br><br>Hmmmm, thinking of other cool things to add. Oh, gotta look at rear floor mats? Husky? Ideas appreciated<br><br>I am still trying to find something I don't like about the truck, but have no success :-)<br><br>I am a first time &quot;new&quot; Dodge owner. Had a Chevy 4x4, then a Ferd 7.3 4x4 but never a Dodge. <br><br>Back in the day have driven many Chrysler products. First patrol car I had was a Dodge 440 and Plymouth 440. Man, those were some cars! But, driven many Chrysler and Dodge stuff in the business, functional but pretty plain Jane (of course the State ordered them that way) but still the fit and finish was nothing compared to what it is now.<br><br>Maybe the Daimler influence is showing? <br><br>I don't know, but I am impressed, they sure put a lot of little &quot;extra&quot; thingies on these trucks, someone has been thinking or listening to the drivers of these beasts!<br><br>Happy Hunter
Old 10-31-2002, 02:05 PM

Hunter:<br><br>Are you still serving...I am one of canada's finest still inlisted. the best patrol car I have driven in the past 16 years was the '93 chev caprice with the LT1-350. Put that one up against a 5 Litre Mustang on Vancover Island...the chev blew it away.<br><br>As to the matter at hand...did not mean to run down Micheln...but service in these parts for this brand of tires is very difficult to get. The tires are very good but from time to time a problem will occur (i.e. belt separation) have found this company difficult to deal with. We had the same problems with our service for our work vehciles as wel.<br><br>******* has come around...he has had 2 phone calls in the past 24 hours....buyers enquirying about these trucks...but told ******* they would not deal with him because of the Admin fee and problems I experienced as outlined above. ******* has wavied the Admin. fee and going to throw in step-ups and floor mats ;D<br><br>A little bad advertising goes a long way <br><br>Am very happy with the truck...best purcahse i've made in the long time. Even the wife is impressed....thatvtakes a lot <br><br>Wantabee
Old 10-31-2002, 03:52 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Wantabee,<br><br>No light under the hood of mine either and it is a Laramie. I was amazed when I raised the hood the other night for my son to see the metal. I never gave it a thought that there would NOT be a light. The dually comes with Goodyears.<br><br>Otherwise, very minimal complaints. Not crazee over the dials in the day, but they look cool at night. Just anxious to get home and get the rest of the &quot;stuff&quot; done to it. Makes me mad - - Hunter man is beating me dolling it up. <br><br>Enjoy.<br>Bob
Old 10-31-2002, 10:38 PM

WannaBe<br><br>Hey! Hello to one of the brothers up North!<br><br>Not serving any longer, 25 years was enough!<br><br>Living the good life now, and especially since we got the new &quot;ride&quot;<br><br>Well, would not even think that the early 70's 440 magnums would not &quot;put away&quot; anything! But, all good things come to an end, !<br><br>And as far as Michelins, I want Toyos! And I want them now! But, it seems that it will be at least a year until we can get them :-(<br><br>Not a Michelin guy either, but, it was the ONLY choice for a 3500 SRW, again :-(<br><br>Will run them until Les Schwab gets a 10 Ply Toyo, then will outrun my there to put them on! <br><br>Keep up the good work (can't say I miss it much, lol with all this fun going on)<br><br>Hunter
Old 11-01-2002, 01:29 PM

8) Just wanted to comment on the patrol car issue:<br><br>I liked the early 90's Dynasty for the power and back seat room (transports do happen). The mid-90's Taurus SHO was fast but had a small back seat. My wife (also a cop) has a police-spec Malibu that ain't fast but it handles well and has good room inside.<br><br>All the cars I listed above are good in the snow - which is an acid test for any patrol car I drive. I'll even give up some speed and performance to be able to get around safer in the Winter.<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 11-01-2002, 02:17 PM

Utah<br><br>Wow! Lots of the brothers on here!<br><br>Wannabee, Utah, Phil and anyone else<br><br>Drop me an e mail if you would/could, can yak about some things<br><br>georgesmail@hotmail.com<br><br>Hunte r
Old 11-05-2002, 03:55 PM

Hey there fellow bro's, I are one too in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey.