3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Got A Letter From Chrysler, Attn All 2006 Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got A Letter From Chrysler, Attn All 2006 Owners!

The letter states that they know of the problem with the possessed turn signal switch and if you had it replaced after warranty that you could be eligible for reimbursement and they will extend the warranty on the switch only to 10 years or 150,000 miles. I had mine replaced under warranty in 2008.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 PM

I just got the same letter yesterday. I haven't taken it to the dealership because the closest one is 16 miles away. You don't by chance know how long it took them to replace it?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:39 PM

No, I took it in for service and several other small things at the same time but they had everything done by the next day.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:52 PM

I'm just glad I didn't try to repair it myself this time.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Horn 06
The letter states that they know of the problem with the possessed turn signal switch and if you had it replaced after warranty that you could be eligible for reimbursement and they will extend the warranty on the switch only to 10 years or 150,000 miles. I had mine replaced under warranty in 2008.
What exactly is the problem with the "Possessed turn signal switch". Haven't recieved a letter yet. Mine does not seem to have any malfunction that I have noticed. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 PM

I don't have the letter with me, but IIRC, it said that the left turn signal can come on when you have the switch in the right turn position and vice-versa. To date, mine is ok. I also think it said the problem is VIN specific.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

I got my letter last week for the Multifunction Switch. Guess I'll get it done now that it's free. The switch itself wasn't that expensive iirc but I couldn't get mine to pop off the column when I fiddled with it. So I let it be.

Originally Posted by Reelay
What exactly is the problem with the "Possessed turn signal switch". Haven't recieved a letter yet. Mine does not seem to have any malfunction that I have noticed. Thanks in advance.

The connections go bad.

Don't knock the language. When your wipers try to keep you blind as you're in the middle of traffic and a downpour, it is possessed!

The speed settings don't engage properly. Sometimes not at all. The low setting is going at a rapid speed. The rapid setting goes at the slow speed.

They really only quit when you need them. So, if you don't need them, don't bother
Old 02-13-2012, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Not knocking the prooblem at all just concerned as we do get alot of rain here in Oregon and don't want to be in a down pour when the malfunction happens. As mentioned above maybe the VIN # has something to do with the recall. Don't understand how it would other than that they detected the problem before certain VIN# and decided to correct the problem after that .
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Got mine the other day also. but knock on wood so far mine is OK...

Now if they would recall the tach issue of the 06's that would be great!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
Got mine the other day also. but knock on wood so far mine is OK...

Now if they would recall the tach issue of the 06's that would be great!

Shhh....<whispering> my truck doesn't know it's suppose to have this problem
Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 PM

I have had the signal switch problem (fixed), tach (not fixed), stupid little hose behind the turbo (got part but not fixed) and the latest which y'all will love, there is some type of burr on the seat frame, it came thru the foam and cover and it's been putting holes in my shorts on the back of my leg (found out the hard way) so I gotta fix that as well. Still love my truck......
Old 02-14-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 2004.5 and have experienced some of what Shorts is talking about with the wipers not always working correctly.Sometimes they are fine, sometimes the intermittent speeds do not work at all, some times when I turn the switch the wipers stop mid windsheild. Hi speed has always seemed to work. I think I may drop by the dealership and see what they have to say about mine doing something similar. I wonder if they used the same switch?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 AM

Can some one post up what the recall letters says? Maybe even a PDF format? Thanks

edit to add: My problem is the same stock... but it is the high/low beam switch and wiper speeds.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by huron52
Can some one post up what the recall letters says? Maybe even a PDF format? Thanks

edit to add: My problem is the same stock... but it is the high/low beam switch and wiper speeds.

Here's a copy with my personal info removed.

This kind of warrantee extension upsets me since this only covers something up to 100k and excludes them from a formal recall covering every vehicle. If this happens, say 100.1k or after, you s**t out of luck.

If a person is on the road a lot, say cross country over I-40, they can go great distances and never use the blinker. I travel 1-40 each year and can go 2k each way using the blinkers very little, if at all.
Attached Files
Old 02-15-2012, 02:06 PM

Mine is messed up, but it doesn't do what this letter states. Mine just kind drags sometimes, mostly on left turns and cuts in and out.

Quick Reply: Got A Letter From Chrysler, Attn All 2006 Owners!