3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

fRONT RECEIVER HITCH MOUNT LOCATION??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ah64id
Pics please... I am thinking about one.
Here is the pic of the one on my Ranchhand (yeah-I know I need to touch it up, but it IS a bumper, and I do live in NM, so its almost a waste of time to do so.)
fRONT RECEIVER HITCH MOUNT LOCATION??-bumper.jpg
Old 01-08-2008, 09:36 AM

Here are a couple of pics of the Hidden Hitch receiver (told it is the same as Draw-Tite and Reese) on my 05 and then re-installed on the 06.

As stated it has a 9000 lb winch line rating and tongue weight of 500 lbs and I have used it for both getting trailers into tight spaces and putting a bike rack on and worked well for both. Winch is part of a wish list but should work well for that also.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:18 AM

I've got an extra reciever hitch from a new 2500 Dodge that I plan on modifying to fit the front. It'll be a heck of a lot beefier than regular front hitches.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BgBlkTrk
Here is the pic of the one on my Ranchhand (yeah-I know I need to touch it up, but it IS a bumper, and I do live in NM, so its almost a waste of time to do so.)
Attachment 18465
Can I get some more details on the lights?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 AM

Can I get some more details on the lights?
Sent you a PM
Old 01-11-2008, 09:52 AM

I'm looking for a front mount receiver that doesn't hang lower then the front bumper. I like the one fisherguy posted where it goes where the tow hooks go. Do you need tow hooks for that one to work because my truck never came with the tow hooks. The only reason I want this receiver is if I get stuck and need to get pulled out so I'm looking for one that has the highest line pull weight available. Thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 AM

If you only want it to be pulled you would be better to just add the tow hooks, cheaper and better IMHO. The receiver is best for winching and/or maneuvering a trailer.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by metalli445
I'm looking for a front mount receiver that doesn't hang lower then the front bumper. I like the one fisherguy posted where it goes where the tow hooks go. Do you need tow hooks for that one to work because my truck never came with the tow hooks. The only reason I want this receiver is if I get stuck and need to get pulled out so I'm looking for one that has the highest line pull weight available. Thanks

You want this:
https://bodiaknet.powweb.com/store/c...f9cbee4e4eb00f You will need the factory hooks.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
no problem with airflow- the front hitch that mounts to your two hook location is not rated as high as the ones that mounted lower (on your frame) i put the one that mounts on the frame because i use a 12,000lb winch. this is not a good pic- but you can see it in the pic.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...9&d=1195319346
Old 01-15-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bigwhitey3500
You want this:
https://bodiaknet.powweb.com/store/c...f9cbee4e4eb00f You will need the factory hooks.
Actually if you had the hooks you would have to remove them.

Originally Posted by rjm022
no problem with airflow- the front hitch that mounts to your two hook location is not rated as high as the ones that mounted lower (on your frame) i put the one that mounts on the frame because i use a 12,000lb winch. this is not a good pic- but you can see it in the pic.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...9&d=1195319346
Did you find one with a 12K rating? All the ones I have seen are 9K..

I saw a ranchand on an 05 the other day... sticks out way too far IMHO. SO back to hitches... I will probably go with the under the frame, this truck isnt for wheeling anyhow.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Actually if you had the hooks you would have to remove them.

Did you find one with a 12K rating? All the ones I have seen are 9K..

I saw a ranchand on an 05 the other day... sticks out way too far IMHO. SO back to hitches... I will probably go with the under the frame, this truck isnt for wheeling anyhow.

You do not have to remove the tow hooks for the Bodiak receiver, it fits OVER the tow hooks.

If you're now 4 wheeling then why would you need a winch to begin with?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a winch comes in handy for many things- first off- it helps me clear 16 acres of land i have-pulling huge fallen tress out of the way-(the ones i can initially get to with my tractor) the winch also comes in handy when i am at my hunting cabin-every winter i come across a couple of guys that need to be winched out due to snow, mud or stupidity. it is also peace of mine- knowing if i am out in the middle of no where- if i get stuck-because it does happen! i can get my self out!! trust me- the winch has paid for itself ten fold!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
You do not have to remove the tow hooks for the Bodiak receiver, it fits OVER the tow hooks.
Most of there front setups are this way, but I was told that this one is not, it bolts to the frame... But who knows... where is someone who has one.. that red truck is the one from there website.

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
If you're now 4 wheeling then why would you need a winch to begin with?
I take one with me camping for what if, take it hunting for the same. Thou the most use the winch gets is for yarding trees for firewood... but I always have it with me when back country driving.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 AM

The Bodiac bolts to the tow hooks:
https://bodiaknet.powweb.com/store/c...stallation.php

I had a PTO winch on my last truck, it was good know it was there when going into the "back lakes" we fish, but also came in handy pulling out tre stumps in the yard etc.

The Bodiac looks good where it is, but is only rated at 8,000 pounds so I'd be a bit leary using it for a winch. Would be handy for moving my trailer around in tight spots like my back alley where I park it, especially if I get a bigger one.

I searched the gallery to see if I can find someone who has one, no luck...
Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 AM

I saw that, but that is a ford in the photos.. I called them before and they said it didnt bolt to the tow hooks on the dodge? But I just called them again, and got a different answer, bolts to the tow hooks.... I am certainly not getting one of those.

Well most of the front receivers only have a tongue capacity of 500, so no difference there. And the Curt only has a 350 lb tongue rating.

Quick Reply: fRONT RECEIVER HITCH MOUNT LOCATION??