3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Every time I lock doors with key fob alarm goes off

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every time I lock doors with key fob alarm goes off

Every time I lock my doors with my key fob 10 seconds go by then the alarm goes off. I have been having to lock the doors from this inside manually. If you hit the lock switch from the inside and close the doors the alarm will go off 10 seconds later. This has been going on for 6 months now. I have tried multiple keys, replaced batteries in key fobs, disconnected both batteries for 30 minutes, once reconnected it worked fine for one day and now it is back to alarm going off with key fob. Any ideas is appreciated, thank you in advance.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alarms

That is killer, drtjnky. I think something is not 'closing' on your system when you lock the doors. it must think something is still 'open'. You may need to take it into the shop and see if they can tell which element is failing on locking the system. Does your interior lights stay on after you lock ?

I have the opposite. IF I unlock the truck with the key, and open the door, it sets the alarm off every time. I have to use the Key FOB.
I now have to use the key FOB to lock & unlock, works fine. Lock the doors from inside switch, and close door, works fine.
The clue it gives me that this could be mechanical, (on my truck) is the interior light does not come on when you unlock the door with the key. The interior light does come on when you use the key fob, which indicates the alarm is disarmed.
Crazy electronics.
Hope you find out what is wrong with your security system, good luck.