Door certification label - Page 2 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Door certification label

Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #16  

Could you just borrow a truck to do the test and get the endorsement?
OR Mega Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #17  

I probably could borrow a truck but all my friends have travel trailers and I have a 5er. I'll have to borrow something in December if this goes that long.
Dewats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #18  
EDR

When I lived in Vegas several years ago I use to go to Prestige for my warranty service. While not great, they treated me pretty well. They are located up in the Northwest part of town. There are three dealers in the city.

As Shorts recommended, I would try another dealership. What do you have to lose?
Good luck.
EDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #19  

Prestige is part of Towbin. I think the only other Dodge dealer left in town is Chapman on east Sahara.
Vots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #20  

I would get one from a wrecker, scan it into the computer change the Vin# for the correct one and date of manufacture reprint it then stick it onto the door and clear coat over it. All the information is now correct which is better than how the truck stands now and only cost is the can of clear coat.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #21  

Vots - I bought from Towbin and I am working with Prestige CJD and Ram Customer Care to get a new label. They are at least interested in getting a new label. When that changes I'll let everyone know. Until then I still expect them to help me. My future truck purchases hinge on their ability to resolve this issue.

Busboy - I am leaning hard to go that route as a back up and hopefully a temporary solution. Waiting on Prestige to get me a copy of the build sheet.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #22  

I am in a similar situation on the VIN, after many phone calls to the various government offices here in Mo. basically all useless. I did come across a company called ECS Automotive that said if i can provide the following they may be able to get a new VIN tag for the door:

1. a picture of the dash VIN plate
2. a picture of the emissions decal from under the hood
3. a VIP Summary report from Chrysler
4. an Options report from Chrysler

so we will see.
mcgyverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #23  

mcgyverit - thanks for the lead. I will be calling them tomorrow to see if they can help me. thanx
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #24  

Final update to the door label. I contacted ECS VIN as some suggested. Thank you all.

I had to work with a accident repair center and get Dodge off their dead A$$ to get me a VIP Summary report and a Options Summary. Those reports with pictures of the dash VIN label and a picture of the emissions label from under the hood were what was needed. I approached a company ESC had dealt with in the past and had to convince the Parts Manager to help me out. They used to be a Dodge Dealer but lost the franchise with all the restructuring a couple years ago. I wrote the email attached the files and sent it to him so he could add his contact information. Luckily he only charged me $10 to process the order. $125 to ECS VIN and 2 days later I had the label. Looks just like the original.

Dodge Customer Service
Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #25  

glad it all worked out.
mcgyverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #26  

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewats View Post
Final update to the door label. I contacted ECS VIN as some suggested. Thank you all.

I had to work with a accident repair center and get Dodge off their dead A$$ to get me a VIP Summary report and a Options Summary. Those reports with pictures of the dash VIN label and a picture of the emissions label from under the hood were what was needed. I approached a company ESC had dealt with in the past and had to convince the Parts Manager to help me out. They used to be a Dodge Dealer but lost the franchise with all the restructuring a couple years ago. I wrote the email attached the files and sent it to him so he could add his contact information. Luckily he only charged me $10 to process the order. $125 to ECS VIN and 2 days later I had the label. Looks just like the original.

Dodge Customer Service
So Does one have to use an Autobody shop to get a new label or can I just get all the info and send to ECS and get the replacement?Mines been gone since the door was replaced after an accident in 2007.I can get reports from the dealer as I used to work there when it happened.
Rob's Red Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #27  

Yes the dealer has to supply the Dodge reports (VIP and Options Summary) then a autobody shop has to order the label. ESC can give you a list they have dealt with in the past. Much better than dealing with Dodge to get a label. They just drag their feet so long, I gave up on them. So much so that I probably will not buy another Dodge.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #28  

Wildman

I'm missing my EPA decal from under the hood and my door jam VIN. I do have my dash plate ( thank God). Is it possible to take a pic of another 2017 Ram 3500 w/Cummins EPA decal and use it along with pic of my vin plate on dash?
Walt Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote