3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Disappointed with Black Cloud Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disappointed with Black Cloud Diesel

I discovered them through DTR a while back. I had them bookmarked because they had good prices on gauge packages.

So last week I ordered a gauge package from them. I had asked them via email a few months back if I could get a 3-gauge pod even though I wanted a 2-gauge package, and they said sure.

So I ordered via their website, plugged in my billing and shipping addresses (which were different) and put a message in the Notes field about wanting the 3-gauge pod.

Yesterday, I emailed them for a status, and got a prompt response less than an hour later from somebody named "Marge" -- "good news, it arrived today!" and she included the tracking number and delivery info from UPS.com.

Uh oh. That's the wrong address. They shipped it to my billing address in Reno (a box at a UPS Store). I'm in San Jose on business and won't be home for three weeks. I replied and told her this. I also asked if they sent the 3-gauge pod or the 2-gauge pod. I figured if they at least got the order right, I could have the package forwarded and still have it in time for the weekend.

That was yesterday, early afternoon. Nearly 12 hours later, NO RESPONSE. This was even after a followup email explaining there was still a chance to salvage things.

They way I see it, I need to hear from them within about two hours if I'm to be able to have the package forwarded in time to show up here tomorrow. Otherwise I will have it refused and returned to sender for a full refund.

Even if they sent the wrong pod, it would help a lot to know, and it just might salvage their reputation.

After 2 pm, if I haven't heard from them, I will call up and have the package refused/returned.

*sigh*

Rob
Old 04-17-2008, 07:54 PM

When a situation arrises like that I ALWAYS opt for the phone over email. It sucks it happened but I would highly recommend a phone call.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 PM

Yeah I agree phone is usually better in these cases, but I don't have that option where I work. By the time I would be free and able to call, they'd be long gone.

I did finally hear from them today... they sent the wrong pod too.

So... anywhere else I can get DiPricol gauges from inexpensively? I'm going to have these sent back. They wanted $297 + S&H for the pod, EGT and 60# boost.

Rob
Old 04-17-2008, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by RobG
Yeah I agree phone is usually better in these cases, but I don't have that option where I work. By the time I would be free and able to call, they'd be long gone.

I did finally hear from them today... they sent the wrong pod too.

So... anywhere else I can get DiPricol gauges from inexpensively? I'm going to have these sent back. They wanted $297 + S&H for the pod, EGT and 60# boost.

Rob
did you try pure diesel power? i've got stuff from garrett before with no problems

Edited by Admin
Old 04-17-2008, 10:01 PM

I sent you a PM Rob...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:33 PM

So sad seems to be the norm with them, never get what you want or deserved or expected
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 PM

Location: Alberta Foothills - Power to grow with 6 in a row - XLR8
Originally Posted by House
So sad seems to be the norm with them, never get what you want or deserved or expected
Must be the reason for their name!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:56 AM

another good company is discount power parts...idk if you guys have ever heard of em but they do great things and are awesome to work with

they have a website too discountpowerparts . com
Old 04-18-2008, 07:26 AM

I got a great deal on my dipricol optix from Rip at source automotive. If you would like the number PM me.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RobG
I discovered them through DTR a while back. I had them bookmarked because they had good prices on gauge packages.

So last week I ordered a gauge package from them. I had asked them via email a few months back if I could get a 3-gauge pod even though I wanted a 2-gauge package, and they said sure.

So I ordered via their website, plugged in my billing and shipping addresses (which were different) and put a message in the Notes field about wanting the 3-gauge pod.

Yesterday, I emailed them for a status, and got a prompt response less than an hour later from somebody named "Marge" -- "good news, it arrived today!" and she included the tracking number and delivery info from UPS.com.

Uh oh. That's the wrong address. They shipped it to my billing address in Reno (a box at a UPS Store). I'm in San Jose on business and won't be home for three weeks. I replied and told her this. I also asked if they sent the 3-gauge pod or the 2-gauge pod. I figured if they at least got the order right, I could have the package forwarded and still have it in time for the weekend.

That was yesterday, early afternoon. Nearly 12 hours later, NO RESPONSE. This was even after a followup email explaining there was still a chance to salvage things.

They way I see it, I need to hear from them within about two hours if I'm to be able to have the package forwarded in time to show up here tomorrow. Otherwise I will have it refused and returned to sender for a full refund.

Even if they sent the wrong pod, it would help a lot to know, and it just might salvage their reputation.

After 2 pm, if I haven't heard from them, I will call up and have the package refused/returned.

*sigh*

Rob

Alot of merchants have to ship to the billing addy on your CC in order to comply with the terms of their merchant service agreement. If not Visa/AmEx/whoever could no longer authorize them to accept their cards.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:40 AM

I got a good deal from here.
http://www.kensperformancesolutions.com/home.html