Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   Disabling the remote door lock horn chirp. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/disabling-remote-door-lock-horn-chirp-110260/)

les1cam 07-24-2006 12:59 PM

Disabling the remote door lock horn chirp.

I tried several times using the procedure outlined in the manual for my '06 QC auto without success. It did change my unlock procedure to unlock all doors with just one press on the remote...but what's the correct procedure to get rid of the HORN blast when I lock the doors with the remote?

TonyB 07-24-2006 01:57 PM

I thought I also read about the horn honk/no honk procedure in the same section of the manual. I left the manual at home, so I'll have to look later for you.

HTH

Tony

Peterbilt 07-24-2006 02:20 PM

If I remember right, someone posted that the book is wrong on the 06s.
They will chime with the answer.

piekarski 07-24-2006 02:41 PM

hey me too! every few weeks i try it again, been doing that for months, i guess that means im crazy cuz im not doing anything different but expecting a different outcome. i have a symptom like this on a 2005 dodge caravan, except i cant disable the ring if your not buckled. must be the random disable lockout feature.

TPilaske 07-24-2006 02:54 PM

The book is wrong. There is a yellow insert that should be in the mix of stuff in your glove box book and it will tell you the correct procedure!

Tony

carl20320 07-24-2006 06:10 PM

Just went out and deactivated my horn chirp ...

While standing outside the truck, press and hold the lock button for at least 4 seconds (but less than 10). While still holding the lock button, press and hold the panic button. Release both buttons together.

Worked first time for me (about the only thing that has worked right today). [verymad]

Carl

WEATHERBY460 07-24-2006 07:32 PM

i am trying to disable the horn chirp that I get on my 05 when I lock my doors using the remote....is this the procedure?

06Cummins 07-24-2006 07:47 PM

mine worked for me...

power plant 07-24-2006 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by carl20320
Just went out and deactivated my horn chirp ...

While standing outside the truck, press and hold the lock button for at least 4 seconds (but less than 10). While still holding the lock button, press and hold the panic button. Release both buttons together.

Worked first time for me (about the only thing that has worked right today). [verymad]

Carl

Yahooo !! Now I don’t feel so stupid. After sitting in my truck following the manual procedure for a good ½ hour with the horn chirping every 45 seconds my wife and neighbors can rest in peace and QUITE

ajpulley 07-24-2006 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by WEATHERBY460
i am trying to disable the horn chirp that I get on my 05 when I lock my doors using the remote....is this the procedure?

I believe it's different for the 05... I'll go check.

ajpulley 07-24-2006 08:21 PM

To disable horn chirp feature on 05s:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten seat belt to cancel seatbelt chime.
3. Place key in ignition.
4. Turn ignition on, but do not start.
5. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed key fob.
6. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait 4 or more seconds (not more than 10), then press and hold the UNLOCK button.
7. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.
8. Turn ignition off, or wait 60 seconds.

Procedures for the 05 Rams should also work for 05 Caravans with the security group.

les1cam 07-24-2006 09:54 PM

Hey! The yellow insert in the new truck booklet worked and it is just as you stated. Thanks!