3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dealer Miss-lead information

Old 03-22-2003, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Dealer Miss-lead information

unless you signed the final sale papers you can walk away, but you will lose your 500 dollar deposit ..............
Old 03-22-2003, 07:07 PM
DPG

Nagi:
You might try talking to the dealer. I think that you can walk away without any consequences, except losing the deposit, but you may want to consult an attorney. I would rather loose the five hundred and get a dually that you will be happier with for years to come. With the weight you are going to be hauling I really think that you will be much happier with a dually. I have towed with both, and there is really no comparison when you get into the heavier fivers. The fact that the dealer mislead you might have a bearing, also. You might tell them that you will order the dually from them if they will transfer the deposit to the new order. If they want to be stubborn, you will go elsewhere to order the dually and make sure that all of your friends and acquaintences know the kind of treatment you got from them. JMHO. (They won't admit it, but they can sell your currently ordered truck to someone else, unless you ordered hot pink over lavender with the green **** interior ;D) "Luke S" on this site is a Dodge dealer, he might have some useful suggestions.

DeWain
Old 03-22-2003, 08:00 PM

A week and a half is pretty quick to go to D. You might want to twist his arm. You could try Customer Service with your VIN. Besides your dealer didn't provide you with sound advice. A 37 footer puts you into dually territory for sure. I would rather lose the 500 and reorder elsewhere. You have to live with the truck. I presume you have a bedroom slide. While the single rear wheel will tow as much as the dually, the heavy pin weight of your trailer willl likely put a single rear wheel over the gross weight rating of the vehicle.<br><br>I sure would not order another truck from this guy.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:48 AM

I agree with the previous post's. I would make sure for myself by calling DC customer service and confirming that your truck order truely is in D status before I gave away $500.<br> Also for what it is worth I have towed a 12,500 lb trailer with a single rear wheel one ton for a couple of years and a my new Dually for about 6 months and there is a difference in how they feel. The dually is much more stable.<br> But to be honest never had a problem with the single rear wheel. At the size trailer you are talking a dually is a better way to go no doubt.<br> FWIW Randy<br>
Old 03-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Banned

[quote author=Nagi link=board=17;threadid=12626;start=0#119407 date=1048427062]<br>Thank you for your input. I believe that you're talking my language here. Yes, this dealer was very lacking in the information department. After he had told me that I could'nt get an Auto Tranny with the HO Cummins I showed him the brochure which I mentioned earlier. What I didn't mention earlier was that he then wanted me to go home and look up any further information I could find on this truck and fax it to him so he could better assist me. What's wrong with this picture &gt;. I will be heading down to the dealers first thing in the morning and if he wants to keep my $500 he can have it. Probably the only way this dealer can make any money, from donations. I agree, I would rather be safe and keep others afe on the road by going with a dually which can take on the higher pin weight capacity. It's not worth the measly $500 to take make the highways any unsafer than they already are. Thanks for the input.<br>[/quote]<br><br>You mentioned that the dealer was lacking in the knowledge dept. As this sounds true, also sounds like you did not do your homework on your 40g purchase. First clue was the lack of knowledge of the dealer. Unless they took you hostage you should have walked away. Seach the internet, find sites like this and read, read, read. You will get a much better deal on a vehicle if you walk in knowlegeable, and YOU dictate what equipment you want, and know what YOU are going to pay, not what they will &quot;sell&quot; it to you for. Remember most salesman don't care who you are after you pay. Good luck on your purchase, you will love your new truck.<br>
Old 03-24-2003, 06:48 AM

Nagi - You may want to check with your state's Commerce dept. regarding vehicle sales requirements. I had a dealer here pull that same thing yours is pulling and I found out they could NOT keep the deposit. Yep - I got it back.<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 03-24-2003, 02:49 PM

Nagi, Utah's advice is good. I have pulled travel trailers and 5th wheels, and I will say that your concern for safety is admirable. I would pull a toungue pull travel trailer with a SRW, but for the larger 5er's I would not pull with anything but a dually. Two reasons: 1) the more stable width platform of the dually tires, and 2) the added support and braking area afforded by more rubber on the road. FWIW. Find a better dealer if possible. Mine didn't know as much about these trucks as I did, because I read on several sites (especially this one) and knew some information they didn't, however, they worked with me to look stuff up if I told them something they were unfamiliar with. That's the difference - my dealership would go look it up and research it entirely when given an unexpected piece of information; they didn't ask me to go look it up until they tried and were unsuccessful.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:57 PM

[quote author=Nagi link=board=17;threadid=12626;start=0#119407 date=1048427062]he then wanted me to go home and look up any further information I could find on this truck and fax it to him so he could better assist me.[/quote]<br>LOL I had the same feeling with the guy that handled the paperwork for my truck. He didn't sell me anything, the Dodge RAM sold itself in my book... He just filled in the blanks on the sales sheet.<br><br>&quot;Let me have you assist me in assisting you to buy this truck that you know more about than I do...&quot;
Old 03-25-2003, 05:39 AM

;D Thanks for the update, Nagi - nice to see it worked out for you. ;D<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill