3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Crashed the 3rd gen

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crashed the 3rd gen

So driving home from the shop a couple of weeks ago i had to swing through a store for the mrs.
Leave there and at one of the busiest intersections in the shopping district at 5:30 on a Friday night guess what happens...
An 18 year old in his toyota camry, who was quite obviously not paying attention runs a red light and attempts to drive through the side of my 3500 QC dually.
Nobody was hurt, other than the normal being shook up. Camry totaled, Drove mine about 3 miles home and made all the insurance company phone calls.
Brought it to the shop the next morning and gave it a good look. Right rear rim bent, right rear cab corner damage, twisted right rear spring, pieces of toyota camry jammed in the frame here and there.
dually bed is toast, tool box in bed twisted, tailgate bent.
So now the fun begins...
Clean all my stuff out, remove transfer tank, tool box from bed. Bring it to body shop
Get a sweet 2018 3500 crew cab dually rental, no gooseneck hitch though...
Now the frame had to be tweaked back but not bad, 2 new rear springs, a new bed, fix the cab corner..
I opted to do the entire truck over and change the color from red to patriot blue. I bought 2 new front fenders, a new hood, new grille, new side mouldings, 4 new wheel covers, 2 new tail lights.
Did the 4th gen steering linkage upgrade, 6 new tires, new exhaust, brakes all around.
What started out as a simple crash fix has turned into a complete overhaul.
Will upload some before and after pics soon..
Old 11-21-2018, 03:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Had a similar experience in March of this year. Mine was more of a side swipe. Other persons insurance paid for painting half my truck, I paid for the other half. ARE bed topper painted, new headlights, all black trim painted, my Rockstar II's detailed to match my truck (yellow/black), new windshield. I also went ahead and got a new seat cushion and lower cover for the driver seat. I have a "new" 2005 Ram 2500 with 341K miles!