3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Charging Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Charging Issues

Got in my truck today seen the little yellow engine lite on ,Then came on a check gauges lite..... w/ a little red lightning icon on the dash when looking at the gauges notice that the amp meter was reading way below 14 amps needing to get somewhere i stopped at auto zone he tryed to check the amps but the meter tester he was using read the battery low and with that his meter would not test the amps due to a low battery reading so i have to get where i was going down the road i seen the gauge reading 14 (normal) and then some.. So i say good maybe a wire loose Got to where was going When i when to leave it was reading back at 11 amps and would not come back up stopped at napa they said the regulator was (quessing) going out they told me thats the way a bad regulator shows on the Gauge ..I need this Truck for labor Day weekend trip any HELP would be greatly appreciated...... Oh It Is a 2007 Dodge Laramie 3500 Mega cab 6.7L all stock..

Last edited by Bearpaw0063; 05-18-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: YR & Model
Old 05-18-2014, 07:32 AM

Bearpaw, please fill out your signature with your trucks information, (year mods and other info). It will help when others try to suggest fixes for your problems.
----
First thing to do is to go over and clean and check all the battery connections looking for loose connections and/or corrosion issues. Many have had similar issues leading to no start conditions and erratic running.
---
Additionally some of the 3rd Gen trucks, had some problems with their instrument gauge clusters going wayhire. Poor internal connections I think. You may have to search a little on this to come up with what others have found.
---
Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.
----
Old 05-18-2014, 08:32 AM

Thanks i cleaned the battery terminals and it jumped back up to 14 amps Iwill run it and see if that did it Thanks so much for your response.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:25 PM

Angry Death wobble

Drove the truck today to try out the charging issue , which so far is OK But while I was driving The wheel went crazy when i hit a little bump in the road almost put me in the ditch ! Is there any thing else that can happen to this truck I am losing confidents in this dodge
Old 05-18-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bearpaw0063
Drove the truck today to try out the charging issue , which so far is OK But while I was driving The wheel went crazy when i hit a little bump in the road almost put me in the ditch ! Is there any thing else that can happen to this truck I am losing confidents in this dodge
There is a recall on this. Has your truck been in to the dealer for a front end look over? How many miles on the truck, oversize tires or other front end mods?
--
PS- Just a reminder about filling out your truck info.
---
-------------> I'm not nagging but..... it will help the responders to your questions.

---
Click the "USER CP" in the bar above then click "Edit Signature" to fill in the info about your truck.
---

PS- I just noticed you edited the first post with your truck info.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:26 PM

frt end wobble

Sorry keep forgetting to the yr, model. 2007 Dodge laramie 3500 Mega cab 4x4 the dealer alreally replaced the inner tie rod at the pitman arm balanced all tires, alignment, It Has Bilstein shocks all the way around Has 2 BDS stabilizers on the main steering arm they changed the steering Box I Don't Know!?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:28 AM

I added the relatively inexpensive poly bushings on my track bar and on the sway bar to frame mounts and added the steering stabilizer brace as well. I picked up all that stuff at Geno's Garage since they are only about 20 miles from me. Definitely tightend my front end on my 2007.
Track bar bushings---->
http://www.genosgarage.com/LUKES-LIN.../#.U3oFz_1OVaQ
Sway bar bushings, (you have to measure yours)---->
http://www.genosgarage.com/Energy-Su.../products/435/
Steering box support, (check for the correct one)---->
http://www.genosgarage.com/BD-STEERI.../#.U3oGXv1OVaQ

They have a lot of stuff but, I can't say that all the trucks that have the DW were fixed by any particular item.

Good luck.

---