3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Centrematics are amazing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Centrematics are amazing!!!

I have not been able to keep my back tires balanced until I finally stopped listening to other peoples opinions on centrematics and give them a try for myself. Everybody I talked to said they were junk and would not work. I refused to run stick on weights and I wanted something that I would not have to jack with when I rotate the tires.

I started with beat on wheel weights which would get pushed off by the over sized tires I'm running on stock dually wheels. So then I tried to dynamically balance the tires using airsoft bb's. That worked great for the front tires, but I soon realized that it only made things worse out back (worse than no weights at all). After a ton of different attempts with different materials and different weights in the rear tires I decided it is near impossible to dynamic balance a set of duals with weight inside both tires (I don't know if it would work to put weight inside one tire per hub but I suspect it would). I'm now running a centrematic on each rear hub between the tires with not a single ounce of balancing weight anywhere and the ride is amazing compared to any of the previous attempts to balance the tires by two different tire shops.

I will be removing the bb's from the front tires and order a set of balancers for the front axle now. I'll be able to rotate the tires and never have to worry about getting the tires balanced. Plus I can swap tires myself now too with no vibrations.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:08 AM

My rear's are huge compared to your's. But mine are for 19.5" rims. You state that you have no weights on the rims? I left mine on, I wonder if I would be better off removing them? Won't let me post pics twice, see link.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=285809
Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nascarcamper
My rear's are huge compared to your's. But mine are for 19.5" rims. You state that you have no weights on the rims? I left mine on, I wonder if I would be better off removing them? Won't let me post pics twice, see link.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=285809
I ended up with bigger ones, guess I was too lazy to post the correct picture.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 AM

pic shows a 400-448 and I'm actually running a 400-409. I swapped to a bigger one because I knew I had the room, but I can't say that one works better than the other.

If you can keep wheel weights on I would leave them on. Mine would get thrown off inside of 500 miles.

Edit: I just noticed I spelled centramatic wrong.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM

Question

How do those work to balance the tires??
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
the balancing material in the outter ring adjusts itself to create the even balancing. it is always moving and self balancing from centrifigal force.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:41 AM

Question

Thanks.... never heard of em' before... been around long?
Old 05-18-2011, 02:09 PM

When I come to a stop or rolling really slow, you can here the media swoshing around in the ring, kind like sand falling.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 PM

I too put these in my front and rear, taking out the beads when purchasing new tires about 17 k ago. love them.tires are wearing flat and smooth.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
lil demo video

Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool video Chris!! Thanks for posting it
Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Unit44
Thanks.... never heard of em' before... been around long?
I've known about them for about 10 years. They are made in Alvarado TX about 20 minutes south of Ft Worth on IH35 W. Drive by there all the time.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM

How well do they continue to work in very cold climates?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:42 PM

I have them front and rear and I love them.
Would not have a truck without them... Now tires do not wear out by out of balancing, the heat is much less and you will save the price of the centramatics in extended tire mileage alone.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:12 AM

Used to run them on my '71 Blazer with big tires back in the early 70's,, same problem couldn't keep tires balanced, this is back when big tires were just coming out, mine were Dick Cepek, rhino ture trac tires, I think they were called. You couldn't keep them balanced till I bought the balancing ring,,, it wasn't called Centrematics when I bought mine????

I can't remember what the name brand they were, but same looking design, you could here the bb's rolling around in the ring, inside the oil I think they had in the ring, could be wrong on that.

Wish I could remember the name, they kinda fell to the wayside, I guess, or at least I didn't see them anymore till now.

Quick Reply: Centrematics are amazing!!!