Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   A/C Help!!!!! please........ (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/c-help-please-208280/)

coreydr2003 06-15-2008 05:20 PM

A/C Help!!!!! please........

OK here is the problem. The last time it worked the wife and I made about a 200 mi round trip, worked great. The next day got in and started down the road, reached to push the A/C button, guess what, yep no light. It will not come on and the heated mirrors are not working.? The fan blows but it will not switch from vent to floor, or vent to defrost. Worked great one day the next nothing. NO snowflake. Hope someone can help. Thanks
P.S. I have checked all fuses twice, changed relays. but not sure where to go from there.

dozer12216 06-17-2008 07:10 AM

Take to a friendly Dodge dealer and be done with it.

coreydr2003 06-17-2008 04:22 PM

2 Days and this is all i git, I hate the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Thanks............

Hounddog 06-17-2008 06:34 PM

Sounds like the control head failed.

coreydr2003 06-17-2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hounddog (Post 2119439)
Sounds like the control head failed.

OK im a [dummy] could you explane more, what it does where its located??? Thanks

snoyes 06-17-2008 06:56 PM

I think he is talking about the actual panel where you make your selections, ie, A/C, or the different positions with the dial, etc. Should take a few minutes to pull, do you have a buddy perhaps with the same year truck that you could Remove,Replace with to see if it is the actual panel...

Hounddog 06-17-2008 06:58 PM

The part that you turn the knobs that make it hot or cold.Your ac button.Your on/off. The whole unit that houses the snowflake.Not sure if heated mirrors goes threw the control head.Make sure you have checked ALL fuses under the hood and inside.First you need to see if you have power to the control head.It can go out like radio etc.Some one with the wiring digram can see if the heated mirrors go through that system.

coreydr2003 06-17-2008 07:15 PM

Ok i understand No i dont have any buddies with the same style face or panel. Thanks guys ill go check some things.

coreydr2003 06-17-2008 08:07 PM

Well checked everything again, pulled the panel off made sure all plugs where in place, fuses good. I guess i do need to break down and take it to the dealer.

coreydr2003 06-17-2008 08:35 PM

What a dork i am. Well I pluged my smarty in to see if i had any codes over this problem! YEP, it pulled a code # P0480 Cooling fan Control Circuit. Has any of you had this problem, and where might the circuit be????

Spooler 06-17-2008 10:05 PM

That code is for the electrical fan clutch on the engine. It does sound like the control head.

dhoganjr 06-18-2008 11:27 PM

All of the buttons on the control head are one module. A/c, heat, fan, and heated mirrors are all controlled by it. Sounds like the module needs replaced. Will probably need to be recalibrated when it is replaced.

BluDieselDually 06-19-2008 02:27 PM

I am having the same exact problem. My ac, mirror defrost are not working.

aborgardt 06-17-2009 09:07 PM

Bringing this one back from the dead...

I am having problems with my heated mirrors. They stopped working. Atleast I think they worked when i got the truck. LOL. Everything else in the panel works, just no heated mirrors. But the light above the button does come on. I just cant figure out any other reason they would both quit at the same time.

I was going to dig into this over the weekend and was wondering if anyone could help with a good place to start. Do the heated mirrors work on the can-bus or does the switch direct feed the the mirrors? If they do direct feed, maybe a wire color would be great. That might be the best place to start, but if not where? Thank guys.