Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   another Fender FLair question (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/another-fender-flair-question-263945/)

Wolfcsm 02-14-2010 08:29 AM

another Fender FLair question

1 Attachment(s)
I have put on some really wide tires - 375R5018. I figure the next step is going to be adding fender flairs and doing some body work to shave a bit off the bottom of the front fender.

Any suggestions for the fender flairs?

Thanks

Hal

STate 02-14-2010 08:38 AM

The Bushwacker Pocket style flare is the largest Ive seen. but it still may not cover the entire portion of tire sticking out. WOW, those are some wide tires.

Fisherguy 02-14-2010 12:11 PM

I would not trim my fenders to clear the tires, I'd never take a pair of tin snips and a hammer to my truck. If your tires are rubbing they'll rub for sure on whatever flares you put on too. You might want to think about longer control arms to move the tire away from your fenders.
IMO your tires are too wide, the offset of your wheels makes them stick out too far.

BW pocket flares will give you the best coverage if you like your tires sticking out that far but they'll also eat through your paint eventually. My ATS flares are held against the body with 2 sided tape so they won't eat through the paint, pics in my gallery.

txarrowhunter 02-14-2010 01:32 PM

Yeah don't cut on anypart of your front fender unless it's your bumper! You don't want to ruin your truck! Get some longer control arms or a lift kit. I have BW flares and they cover a good 3.25" of my tires. Look at my pic gallery

Wolfcsm 06-18-2010 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfcsm (Post 2702353)
I have put on some really wide tires - 375R5018. I figure the next step is going to be adding fender flairs and doing some body work to shave a bit off the bottom of the front fender.

Any suggestions for the fender flairs?

Thanks

Hal

After just over 3000 miles with these tires I can say that they are not really too wide. Nor are they too noisy. Really figured they would sing out on the road, but they are really ok.

I would not recommend 375 tires but the deal was just too good to pass up. Once these need replacement, I will go with 325 or 305 to get them back under the fenders.

Hal

Squidward 06-18-2010 04:07 PM

I've got the Bushwacker Pocket flares, had them for about three years. I really like the look, but Fisherguy is right, they will eat the paint. took a peek behind one of them the other day, clearcoat is gone, paint's exposed and wearing away. I'm not too concerned, I have no plans to remove them, and I'm not too concerned about rust here in AZ.

bansh-eman 06-18-2010 07:32 PM

Squid does yours have the rubber strip that you put on the edge of the flares?

Fisherguy 06-18-2010 08:45 PM

I'm sure it does but that doesn't help, my friend has BW's and it's the same with his.