3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Air Conditioning Recirc Door Issue. (NO BLEND DOORS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since my last post a year ago on this subject, I found the Recirc door laying atop of the fan housing. Once I had a good flow of air, the passenger side vents were 10-20 degrees warmer than the two driver side vents.

Put the gauge on the low side, had 20 psi. Added 10oz of 134A and it got better. Added another 10oz and now have 43 degree air at all the vents.
At idle, 93 outside, fan engaged, the low side reads between 40 and 50 psi.

I no longer turn the a/c on until I start to drive and have air across the condenser as others have said, it just blows the 134 off when it hits Hi temp initially with no air flow. It takes about 3-4 minutes at idle before the computer kicks in the fan enough so you can feel it pulling through the condenser. Once the truck is at operating temp the fan pulls hard at idle and will maintain the airflow to keep the temps down in the vents.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem-Cold ac on drivers side but the passengers side is not very cold. My question is that I have a single control system and why would the blend door effect only one side. Are there two blend doors on a single control system?

Originally Posted by -sean-
You would most likely be having a Blend door issue, not a Recirc door issue.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ortak
I have the same problem-Cold ac on drivers side but the passengers side is not very cold. My question is that I have a single control system and why would the blend door effect only one side. Are there two blend doors on a single control system?
Your problem most likely is low charge on the system. Have it checked.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:09 PM

The charge is correct. About 35 psi when idling. I will try boosting it up to 45 psi and see what happens.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by ortak
As I understand it - YES. Check this link for an excellent explanation.
http://www.heatertreater.net/Ram%2002-08%20Listing.html

Do not overcharge your system -leads to bad things-yours sounds like a blend door issue to me.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 PM

Called the garage and they said it has 2 blend doors. Weird. So I guess if I wanted to convert it over to dual HVAC controls it would be a simple task. I guess the passengers blend door must be bad. Crap! Looks like I have my work cut out for me.
I increased the gas pressure up to 45. That's the correct psi for my ambient temp of 85.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:46 PM

I have cold air on the drivers side and warm/hot air on the passenger side and have an appt a the dealer Wednesday. When I set up the appt the service writer (who seemed generally clueless for reasons I won't get into) told me that this sounded like and A/C door and would be "very expensive" because they need to "tear apart the entire dash". Oddly he forgot he had just told me that my airbag recall would "take all day" because they have to "tear apart the entire dash".

I pointed that out and told him I expected to see minimal hours charged for any A/C door work since the dash was open already. Like I said - he was clueless and mumbled something about how it might make a "small difference"...

Any advice here?
Old 08-25-2015, 12:27 AM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by davelinde
I have cold air on the drivers side and warm/hot air on the passenger

Any advice here?
VERY common issue that seems to be solved with the addition of a can of refrigerant. If you can't purchase a can at the local parts store and DIY, then find a trusted AC shop that can do it. The dealer shouldn't have to remove the dash or any part of it.
Back to evening brew . . .
Old 08-25-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by FMB
VERY common issue that seems to be solved with the addition of a can of refrigerant. If you can't purchase a can at the local parts store and DIY, then find a trusted AC shop that can do it. The dealer shouldn't have to remove the dash or any part of it.
That is what I was thinking... the truck did this a few years ago and they charged the system and it ran plenty cold. Hopefully my doors are all ok.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:35 PM

Check this place......

I got a recirc door from him a while back.

Dodge Ram '02-'08 - '02 - '08 - Ram - Dodge