3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2003 power door locks no joy

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 power door locks no joy

So looks like my BPM died. My door locks do not work on the fob nor the switch in the car. I'm not looking to putting $$$$ so what I really just need to know can the locks be operated by applying a +12 somewhere on the harness. My thought is if that can be done is put an a/b t switch on that point so I can get it to where I can operate the locks from the inside of the car. I found this below but want to confirm this is correct. So would it be safe to say if a added the resistance denoted below with a -12 to the right wires it would trip the locks?
Any advice or recs will be much appreciated

the Door Locking System is a 1-Wire, to LOCK requires a (-)Negative thru a 820 Ohm Resistor and to UNLOCK requires a (-)Negative thru a 330 Ohm Resistor, some units require 2 extra relays part #775
Old 05-30-2017, 08:13 PM

A few years ago some one on here had a fix for the windows. The drivers side control that works everything. He had a photo of the PC board and it showed a crack in the Solder connection and windows didn't work. Mine had quit working, so I took it out and it had a crack in the solder connection. I resoldered it and it has worked ever since. Could possible be what is wrong, Take a look and see can't hurt nothing. Just my 2 cents. Some one else might chime in on your problem.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sittingbull2
A few years ago some one on here had a fix for the windows. The drivers side control that works everything. He had a photo of the PC board and it showed a crack in the Solder connection and windows didn't work. Mine had quit working, so I took it out and it had a crack in the solder connection. I resoldered it and it has worked ever since. Could possible be what is wrong, Take a look and see can't hurt nothing. Just my 2 cents. Some one else might chime in on your problem.
Any shot you know where this board is located? Worth checking out if it's that simple.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:06 PM

Update:
Found the ckt board you mentioned previously and I do see 2 cold solder joints. I plan on redoing them all and see if that does it
Old 06-01-2017, 10:39 AM

Resoldered the board last night and all is working. Thanks for the suggestion worked like a champ