3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

07 alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 alarm question

Bought my new 07.5 with a Mopar alarm installed from the dealer. Where do I get info on how it is supposed to work?
Problem: I disarm the alarm with the key faub, and the doors unlock also, but the alarm went off when I opened the door, and there was no way to shut if off unless I close the door and wait for it to time out. This went on for hours until I called the dealer and they told me how to put it into "Valet" mode. I took it into Valley Dodge for service, and they kick it back with an adjustment of the sensitivity..... !?!?! Since then, the alarm seems to work like a regular alarm in the Valet mode (without the LED flashing), and no longer works in the standard setting (with the LED flashing). I'm confused as to what it is supposed to even do. Everything was fine until I programmed the overhead consule to unlock all doors on exit instead of just the driver's door on exit. Any help would be appreciated in getting my alarm to work properly again.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell your installing dealer to get it set up right for you. You must have one of them I'll sell it to you but don't come back and ask them to fix or help you if it don't work right Dealerships.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. I have an 06, with the Dodge EVS alarm in it. I did the same thing with the programming and I had the same problem you are having. I have the alarm manual and did some research, this alarm will not allow it to operate with all door locks programed to open on the first press of the key fob. I went to reprogram it back and the truck would not reset the program. I took it to my dealer three times. They worked it for a month and finally fixed it. Basically, the service departments don't know crap about these trucks unless they can scan it on their computer and the computer tells them what to do. Of course corporate was useless! Sorry you are going thru the same thing i did, hopefully by now they have learned how to fix this problem, good luck!