3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

06 with Bucket Seats & Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 with Bucket Seats & Sunroof

I am looking at buying an '06 3500 diesel Laramie Quad cab. The dealer has one in stock, but it has bucket seats and a sunroof. I wouldn't get either if I were ordering a truck, but the dealer is motivated to sell it and I can get a great price. Unfortunately I haven't seen the truck yet as it is on another lot. For those that have looked at the bucket seats and sunroof, what are your thoughts? Are the bucket seats more comfortable than the bench? Is the console chincy? Does the sunroof seal well?

You thoughts are much appreciated!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:26 AM

I liked the feel of the bucket seats with console much better but wanted the room and ability to put someone in middle of front seat. So I got the SLT with Thunder Road package instead of the SPORT trim...but I also think the SPORT trim only lets you get the HEMI...not the CTD. 3500 may be different though...
Old 02-19-2006, 09:52 AM

i have a 3500 sport,,,,,,,,,i don"t know if i would like the sunroof,,thiese trucks have alot of glass already and in the summer on hot sunny days the air conditioner can hardly keep it cool,,,sunroof would just make it worse,,i added a cap on the bed that covers the rear window,,it"s not so hot in the truck now,but i think with a sunroof and no cap it would be unbearable,,especial if u live in a southern state,,,,,but i have t admit,,sunroffs look great
Old 02-19-2006, 01:16 PM

i havn't had any problems with the sunroof thus far. my only complaint about having a sunroof is the roof of the truck is VERY weak. keep this in mind.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:18 PM

id LOVE to have buckets and a sunroof, wanna trade?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:59 PM

6 speed or auto????
If you are wanting a 6 speed then you should go with the bucket seats----the legroom is used anyways.
If you want a auto then the buckets with console will take up space. I personally like the bucket seats because I hate someone sitting next to me. I like the center armrest to much.

**Sunroof= Cool Looks-------but a burnt spot on that bald head
Old 02-19-2006, 11:24 PM

I got the buckets and love them, ooh so comfy. I think the sun roof would be nice too. I think it has a cover so the heat wouldn't be a big deal.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:22 PM

COuple things to keep in mind:
1) If your tall, you wont like the sunroof. It cuts down on headroom by a couple inches (sit in one to see for yourself).
2) I personnally like softer cover of the bench seat center console, and the slightly wider feel of the seat. The center console with the buckets is smaller and has a hard cover on it. There is also a difference in the center console where the cupholders are with the buckets vs bench. With the bench, and Electric Shift, the cupholders sit lower to the floor.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:33 PM

i have an 06 2500 Sport CTD...i love the seats..just wish they were leather...as for the sunroof i couldnt tell ya..i would like to have one but it was hard enough to find this truck let alone one just like it with a sunroof. If you do get the sunroof just have it limo tinted once or twice to cut down on heat. I had that done on my Camaro and Trans Am's T-Tops b/c those cars are ALL glass...worked like a charm...Jason
Old 02-20-2006, 04:09 PM

I got one with the sun roof and the power rear slider....love'em! The power rear slider is nice you can get a quiet breeze blowing through without climbing in the back and opening the manual type. No bucket seats so I can't help on that one.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redspider
i havn't had any problems with the sunroof thus far. my only complaint about having a sunroof is the roof of the truck is VERY weak. keep this in mind.
I love my sunroof, it seals and works and looks great! But the sheet metal it replaces does next to nothing structurally. The cab is not part of the structure of the vehicle and it's very easy to make the roof "oilcan" near the center. As for the sunroof letting in heat during the Summer, it does come with a sliding shade which matches the headliner.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by rockittboy
id LOVE to have buckets and a sunroof, wanna trade?

I dont care for the sunroof, but I'd love captains and a console
Old 02-20-2006, 04:54 PM

i would like to do that in my 04 slt is it possible and does anybody have a pic
Old 02-20-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the bucket seats (capt's chairs) in my '97 F150 & ordered the same for my '06 3500. I like the bigger comfy seats for long drives & after a long day at the lake. I too like the armrest & center console....Really glad Dodge listened for the '06 models.

HTH

Tony
Old 02-22-2006, 07:01 PM

FYI- You can't get the bucket seats with a 6 spd. I tried to spec the bucket seats when i ordered my truck, but checking the bucket seat option gives you the automatic. Don't understand that one, the middle seat on my truck is uselss for some one to sit there, unless they are a double amputee at both knees.

Quick Reply: 06 with Bucket Seats & Sunroof