3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I deleted my '08 at 49k miles. First I just used an AFE dpf delete pipe, blocked off the egr, and Smarty on SW5. I didn't want to remove the cooler or cat until I was sure the truck would pass NYS inspection without putting the "junk" back on. After the truck passed inspection, I used a Sinister EGR delete kit from RSD. Actually, I just installed that last weekend. it's been running through the stock downpipe/cat for 25k miles and I love it. it could be alittle louder but I really don't want the drone either. My oem tailpipe just rotted apart so I got a Banks tailpipe as I had one on my '95 and it outlasted the truck! Just ordered an MBRP downpipe and the flange was welded on crooked so that's going back. I see Diamond Eye has a "quiet tone" downpipe, supposedly to eliminate the drone. I might try that.
In any case, do the deletes, you won't believe your driving the same truck!
Good luck, and have fun.
jd
Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I went with a smarty jr. Egr/ cooler delete, and dpf-cat delete and a banks tailpipe. Installed all last night. Truck sounds and smells like a diesel now! Already noticed the gain in MPG. Am glad I didn't wait and the smarty is very easy to use.