Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/)
-   -   (tuners) Doing a delete on a 2007.5 6.7 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/tuners-doing-delete-2007-5-6-7-a-322732/)

DaveyO 08-13-2015 01:07 PM

(tuners) Doing a delete on a 2007.5 6.7

Can anybody tell me what the best programer to do a full delete on a 2007.5 6.7 error free? I was told that the
Fleece FPE-ACC-67-E EFILive AutoCal with Custom CSP5 Tunes.
Fleece FPE-ACC-67-E EFILive AutoCal with Custom CSP5 Tunes

Any and all help is appreciated[duhhh]!

KieGuy 08-24-2015 10:19 AM

I just did a Full Delete and used a Raceme Tuner. So far I have had no issues at all other than ordering the wrong EGR delete kit initially. Make sure to check that your EGR cooler hasn't been upgraded to the newer style before you order one. I can't tell you anything about the Tuners you listed but I am happy with the Raceme.

mtdonahue 08-24-2015 01:52 PM

Just finished with the EGR delete, 4" Flo Pro exhaust, used the Race Me Tuner with excellent flawless results. On a 2008 Cummins, 2500 4x4, mega cab short box[roll]

kerry.king 08-24-2015 08:21 PM

I deleted a little over 50k miles ago. Used the smarty jr. The race.me is comparable to the smarty. I have zero complaints or issues.

mtdonahue 08-24-2015 08:38 PM

Smarty is Race me, or Race Me is Smarty, same tuners, except the Race Me with the deletes are now out of Austria. Gets rid of the fines from the government here. Some of the cables still say MADDS on them and the directions are the exact same format. My smarty JR without deletes is the same exterior box as my Race Me.

dodj 10-29-2015 08:51 PM

I did my deleting using EFILive. Got my tunes from Phil at Anarchy. No problems at all.

philiptibbs 04-13-2016 01:06 PM

I have 2008 3500 and am using EFI live by Ryan and have 5" flo pro turbo back exhaust and sinister egr full delete and have no problems at all. No error codes.

chance hood 06-01-2016 11:36 PM

Did you settle on a tuner yet

JohnnyBoy57 06-09-2016 02:45 PM

Good call on deleting the EGR. Will make your life that much easier.

Personally, I have an '08 Ram 2500 with a 6.7L for this very reason. Professionally we've run trucks and equipment with newer style Cummins ISX/QSX single cam engines (not the older dual cam) and had nothing but problems with DPF/DEF engines. The big cons we saw is that there are issues with regulating operating temperature. When this happen the combustion of the fuel is not quite right and emission particles increase causing the filter to get clogged. In my opinion the DPF sits too low to achieve the regeneration causing it to get all clogged, when that happens engine power decreases and the ECM gives an error. Then you got to empty the DPF, if you left it go then you cause damage to the filter.

Because the operating temperature is not reached, the particle filter in the exhaust sits at a too low of a temperature to achieve the regeneration to work properly. The result is that the particle filter gets clogged, causing the engine power to decrease and the computer generates an error which requires the truck to be taken to a dealer for repair. The dealer does a then forced regeneration of the DPF to empty it as well as a software reset. We saw repeatedly or late intervention causes quick damage to the filter. The lifetime of the particle filter is thus shortened. We've seen it time and time where the filters fail or fail to regenerate thus causing downtime and maintenance costs. I agree deleting the DPF or not buying a truck with the newer emissions BS is the way to go.

Advantages I see of removing the DPF: lower maintenance costs (no failures or replacement of DPF, lower fuel consumption, more power because the turbo's earlier pressure can build resulting in less back pressure, longer service life of the turbo, no fault codes, no oil dilution and finally no regeneration whatsoever.

mega-engr 06-10-2016 12:10 PM

My DPF and other related items exist only for 1/2 day every 2 years to pass the dumb emmisions requirements visual inspection. Without them, the truck still passes every other technical or qualitative requirements that exist and shops are capable to measure...

JohnnyBoy57 06-21-2016 12:34 PM

Ha good choice Mega-Engr on getting rid of that garbage except for the visual inspection. It must be an even bigger pain in the butt living out there in CA with all of the additional tier regulations. It's only going to get worse. I just read recently that Cummins is putting out a near zero emissions natural gas engine here next year in preparation for the increase in EPA ratings.

http://capitalremanexchange.com/cumm...uction-engine/

mega-engr 06-23-2016 01:34 PM

Tell me about it. In 2007 the Bluetec system was ahead of its time too so to speak and was meeting 2010 regulations at the time. However, it didn't work very well to say the least and created a lot of issues for efficiency and reliability. Glad there is a path, although curvy and not straight, around the problems. Hope this next one ahead of its time goes better. Very interesting.