3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Which Tuner??????? I am confused..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well the guys that sell the Flo-Pro stuff said they sell just the flange to muffler delete pipe..

As far as the EGR removal, its just mounting the EGR actuator motor to the fender or firewall and leaving it plugged in.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I see. I think that I'm just going to take the tube off, plug off the flow, and reasseble everything (remove the plunger per Marco) and leave it "completely stock".

Still looking for just a NOX/DPF delete pipe though. It seems they are out there but they all have O2 bungs and such which we don't need with the smarty. Guess I could just plug it or reinstall the useless sensor... Also, it is a bit confusing because they say DPF delete, or CAT/DPF delete when it is the NOX/DPF delete I want only.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The NOX and DPF are the target we were after I think..
Attached Thumbnails Which Tuner???????  I am confused..-67exhaust-2.jpg  
Old 06-13-2009, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The NOX and DPF are the target we were after I think..
Cut away the "I think" and you're right on the dime.

Marco
Old 06-13-2009, 01:19 PM

Xrt!!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:10 PM
"California Style"

It looks like all we would need is a straight pipe, flange on the "front" with some hangers, no other holes..., pretty much as Marco stated. How the heck are people getting about $250+ for this???
Old 06-13-2009, 11:59 PM

So for sure at least it is the XRT or the SMARTY. These two are the best?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:58 AM

I HIGHLY enjoy my SMARTY JR
Old 06-14-2009, 11:52 PM
"California Style"

Those 2 seem to be the best and do just about everything you might need or want. I don't have any experience with the XRT, but I'm really happy with the Smarty and looking to get rid of the emissions crud and upgrade to the ME version (which is free to do).
Old 06-15-2009, 12:38 AM

Location: Columbia in the Communist State of Chicago (Illinois)
If you want great power with little to no smoke, Lower egt's that allow you to run WOT for a lot longer, and adjustability with your programmer you need to get a smarty. My brothers xrt would not allow him to hold wot for long until the egt would get out of control and the smoke was terrible. After driving my truck he sold his xrt and bought a smarty. No turning back.
Andy

I don't know if it sticks out who I would vote for does it.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by nolo263
I am tired of reading through countless threads trying to figure out which tuner to get?

smarty, edge, xrt, wait for the black max or minimax????? I am going crazy.

I like that the smarty turns off the egr. Do the other ones do this? which tuner will be best for stock truck and be able to grow with me as I decide to start deleting everything? Someone that actually knows please help me out.
x2...almost as confusing as trying to figure out what's the best GPS unit to buy for use both in the truck and on the bike....
Old 06-16-2009, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Onelongshot
If you want great power with little to no smoke, Lower egt's that allow you to run WOT for a lot longer, and adjustability with your programmer you need to get a smarty. After driving my truck he sold his xrt and bought a smarty. No turning back.
Andy
Mine SMOKES

Originally Posted by jswar
x2...almost as confusing as trying to figure out what's the best GPS unit to buy for use both in the truck and on the bike....
GARMIN?!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:17 AM

I like the xrt.

Plug it in. Download it and unplug a few of the egr plugs under the hood and your ready to go.

Yes it does smoke alot. But only if you want it to. It is very much controlable. EGTs dont get to wild. 1600 highest I have seen on a 2000 gauge.

I have got no experience with the smarty but you can make your own decicions on this. This forum is pretty lop sided for the smarty.

Read this guys experience with both of the tuners. He Is running both and coming up with his conclusion with what he thinks.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...vs-smarty.html
Old 06-30-2009, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Marco
Guys,
the "hardware" to delete the DPF and EGR can be homebrewed for a few bucks!
When I did my deletes there was nothing available yet ( Almost 2.5 years ago ).
I had to do myself. So I did. EGR: take the crossover tube off, ground a block plate out of a piece of 1/4'' sheet metal. 5 minutes costs zero bucks.
For the DPF. A heavy 4'' pipe ( thick! wall makes for no drone in the cab) with the flanges welded on to replace the CAT and DPF. I had that one done since I could not cut the flanges on my own. Well didn't want to get dirty hands with it...

A couple hours and 80 bucks later I had my delete pipe. Swapping out the DPF and Cat is a piece of cake that average joe can do in an hour...voilą.
Poor man's delete that works and the OEM stuff can go back in easy.

OK, OK, I havta admit, also the Smarty was free for me. LOL

Marco
No programmer wouldn't allow me to do the deletes like Marco is talking about, would it? The sensors in the exhaust would need to be plugged into something, wouldn't they?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:16 PM
"California Style"

The Smarty S67 ME can. Most likely the XRT too.

Quick Reply: Which Tuner??????? I am confused..