Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/)
-   -   Smarty and Edge insight or H&S mini maxx? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/smarty-edge-insight-h-s-mini-maxx-281125/)

2006BLKMegacab 11-24-2010 02:16 PM

Smarty and Edge insight or H&S mini maxx?

I am going to do the deletes here in the very near future and the thought i have rolling around in my head is this: If i were to run a smarty jr and an edge insight would i be able to monitor any more or less engine parameters than if i ran a mini maxx? I'm not looking for big pwer gains (yet) and know that the mini maxx and Jr will both acheive my delete goals very well.

Bluetek 11-24-2010 03:46 PM

i took the advice of members of this forum and went with Smarty Jr. and Edge Insight w/egt probe. i am very happy with this set up. Good Luck, Happy Thanksgiving.

Eastview 01-15-2011 09:32 AM

I run a Smarty and have been looking at this also, which Insight is recomended?

AH64ID 01-15-2011 09:35 AM

You get about the same monitoring, but the new CS and CTS insights will be able to monitor just about any pressure or temps you want in the near future (i.e. fuel pressure, oil temp, diff temp, oil pressure, etc).. They will cost extra, but will be a nice package.

I am looking at a CTS to put in my truck for additional gauges and OBDII readout.

Blake Clark 01-15-2011 09:58 AM

As a former EJA owner, I wouldnt go back to a set of digital gauges. I like the analog gauges (other than aesthetic preference), and for one pesky reason.

If you wear polarized sunglasses forget seeing the display.

Not sure if this applies to the CS or CTS, but the old displays became unreadable.

AH64ID 01-15-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2906994)
As a former EJA owner, I wouldnt go back to a set of digital gauges. I like the analog gauges (other than aesthetic preference), and for one pesky reason.

If you wear polarized sunglasses forget seeing the display.

Not sure if this applies to the CS or CTS, but the old displays became unreadable.

Very interesting. I don't think the CS or CTS have this issue. From what I understand the CTS 4.3" screen is near identical to a Garmin GPS screen.

I do prefer analog over digital thou! But I think you have have the analog look on the CTS/CS. I will be keeping my analog boost, EGT, DP, fuel pressure.. But would like the CTS for IAT, rail pressure, post-pyro EGT, Turbo timer, oil pressure, trans temp, diff temp, oil temp, etc..

I talked with Edge yesterday the the accessories (other than pyro) and turbo timer are due for release in about a month.

2006BLKMegacab 01-15-2011 01:33 PM

I'll have to try the polarized glasses with my mini maxx and see if it dissapears or not, i know my satellite radio suffers from that problem