3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

anyone run their 6.7 stock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone run their 6.7 stock?

hey, so I'm new, call me a D.I.N.K. (Desperately In Need of Knowldege)

been readin' tons of threads, and I gotta wonder, does anyone run a 6.7 (or 5.9 for that matter), stock?

I realize this forum is geared more towards us OCD types, but at this point I don't want to drop $30,000+ on a truck, and then not be happy with it, and worse have it not perform well. (my apologies 'cuz I don't even own the thing yet, lol). I appreciate all of the good info here, unfortunately at this point a lot of it is beyond my scope of understanding.
TIA
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 PM

My stuff is totally stock. I'm more than happy with the power and ecnomy. I always want more mpgs though.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:53 PM

yep mine is all stock and so far no problems
Old 12-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Stock as a rock fer now fer now.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 PM

right-on, I appreciate y'all rogering-up, guess I was just gettin' frustrated after readin' about all the recommended mods and deletes. I had mod-envy, lol.

This is gonna be a jump from my Ranger, twice the hp, twice the price. Still sad to see her go, but not sure I'll be happy if I pass up this Cummins, either. Anyway, thanks for reassuring me, I'll try to not be such a DINK!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM

mine is stock. mostly. no power adders anyway and very happy with it.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:32 PM

Interesting question for a high performance forum. Like the other responders, mine is 100% stock and I have no concerns. The only load I carry is a 9 1/2 ft camper and going uphill in top gear at 1500 rpm is a nice change from my previous 1/2 ton gasser.

'07 2500 QC LB
Old 12-26-2010, 07:03 PM

Mine is mosty stock other than I did install a MP8 for fuel mileage, which did help.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Scubanero
Interesting question for a high performance forum. Like the other responders, mine is 100% stock and I have no concerns.
lol, yeah it occured to me after I posted the question, I again might have put it in the wrong section... someday I might start reading the fine print!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still stock on both my trucks.

I've got some parts lined up for my 6.7 but they're gonna stay on the shelf until I need them. If my emissions gear ever does decide to do the funky chicken then I'll do the swap.

My dealer is not mod friendly, so I want to use as much of the warranties as possible before I have to do the deletes.

Kris
Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 AM

yeah, I'm thinkin' just go for it, get the truck, hopefully it won't need anything, as for warranty work, etc.
just doing my research, course then I got to thinkin' hmm, maybe just keep savin' for a new one? decisions, decisions...
Old 12-27-2010, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devil6God7
yeah, I'm thinkin' just go for it, get the truck, hopefully it won't need anything, as for warranty work, etc.
just doing my research, course then I got to thinkin' hmm, maybe just keep savin' for a new one? decisions, decisions...
This might help you also in deciding. This is a link as to which state is mod friendly and which state is not. See attached, http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62776 Of course Calf is not.
Jim
Old 12-27-2010, 08:23 AM

I have a 2005 2500 4X4 quad cab auto 3.73 gears
The motor is stock ,no bolt on's
K&N air filter drilled a 2"hole in the air box and removed the muffler.
I like the mpg's !
I have gotten up to 25 on the high way.
get about 19 going to work and back
Old 12-27-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by krustyck
I have a 2005 2500 4X4 quad cab auto 3.73 gears
The motor is stock ,no bolt on's
K&N air filter drilled a 2"hole in the air box and removed the muffler.
I like the mpg's !
I have gotten up to 25 on the high way.
get about 19 going to work and back
yes, the venerable 5.9... I still kick myself sometimes for buying my Ranger istead of a 12v, ya know, I guess I still could but ahh.

Thanks for that link Jim, actually it made more confused, I bought my Ranger in So-Cal in '04 with 3k miles, never had to smog it, the county I live in now doesn't do smog checks... confused why they say the 6yr rule doesn't apply to diesels, should maybe mention me and the vehicle(s) in question are currently not in CA.

thanks for all your help though, hope I'm not coming off as a prima-donna
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devil6God7
yes, the venerable 5.9... I still kick myself sometimes for buying my Ranger istead of a 12v, ya know, I guess I still could but ahh.

Thanks for that link Jim, actually it made more confused, I bought my Ranger in So-Cal in '04 with 3k miles, never had to smog it, the county I live in now doesn't do smog checks... confused why they say the 6yr rule doesn't apply to diesels, should maybe mention me and the vehicle(s) in question are currently not in CA.

thanks for all your help though, hope I'm not coming off as a prima-donna
The 6yr rule is for gasser vehicles. Which means that when bought new or in the first 6yr from date of manufactured and sold, you do not need to smog check them ( this is how I understand the emission rules). The diesel truck is not exempt from being checked in the first 6yrs, they must be smog check from new. The reasoning from the land of "fruits and nuts" is they do not know how the truck emission equipment will work over the first 6 yrs. They also want to ensure that mods are not done to the truck for the first 6yrs. That is why they do the visible inspection also and will fail you if a programmer has been installed.
Jim

Quick Reply: anyone run their 6.7 stock?