3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

S67 is dealer detectable????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S67 is dealer detectable????

Just got done reading the REVO instructions on MADS site and noticed that it states the S67 unlike the S06 is no longer undetectable...***???

Am I missing something, isint being undetectale kind of important especially with all the problems with the 6.7 and needing to go to the dealers often????
Old 04-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Aren't all the dealers going to all be out of business soon anyway
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by 2007 5.9
Am I missing something, isint being undetectale kind of important especially with all the problems with the 6.7 and needing to go to the dealers often????
Marco explained it on another forum. The ECM on the 6.7's monitor so many parameters that it is not possible to make it undetectable. Plus, most people that are gonna use the S-67 will also have deletes that would void the warranty anyway.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The ECM on the 6.7's monitor so many parameters that it is not possible to make it undetectable. Plus, most people that are gonna use the S-67 will also have deletes that would void the warranty anyway.

Isn't that why the ME version was designed? Ya know to work with the delete people?

Looks like 50-70% of his potential market, will now dissappear.

Excellent marketing plan..
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM

Want me to lie to supprt the "marketing plan"?
I couldn't care less about marketing!
Sorry, my way is facts no hype.

Altough I could claim that the Smarty does not leave traces of itself in the ECM ( which BTW is true ) the altered parameters would still show indirectly that "something" has been there.

Things are or are not, at least for me.

Marco
Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Marco

Altough I could claim that the Smarty does not leave traces of itself in the ECM ( which BTW is true ) the altered parameters would still show indirectly that "something" has been there.

Marco
Is this how it was for the SO6 too?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM

I apologize Marco I was not intending to start a war or anything, I was just unaware of the reasons why it was detectable! Thanks for the explanation!

Keep up the good work Marco, we all appreciate it!!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Marco

Marco
Marco, That guy with the rude comment about a marketing plan is just upset because you try to keep your service standards up by not allowing dealers to low ball your products. He is ONLY concerned about price and cares not about anything else.

Pay him no mind
Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Harvie

Looks like 50-70% of his potential market, will now dissappear.

Excellent marketing plan..
Mr. Business strikes again. You sure have a knack for it. I'm surprised you're not writing articles for Forbes and living in the Bahamas somewhere with your billions. If I had your knowledge and business prowess, I surely wouldn't be spending my time on such a lowly site like DTR. I would be at Studio 54 with the chicks and the glitz.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I already have a small house on Grand Bahama Island, don't need another.

I shop for the lowest selling price on EVERTHING I purchase. JUST LIKE YOU GUYS PROMOTE WHEN BUYING TRUCKS...

I had already lined up a source for Mads products if needed...now, don't need a product that will void the waranty of a expensive product.

I am sure there are many many more, just like me.....

PS: Admin, 54 was full of Coke heads.....blowing money, not my style....
Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think we all need to remember the whole "pay to play" thing. Anything you do in violation of a warranty might be found and then you'll be responsible for it. Unless the damage is caused by a malfunctioning product, it's not the vendors responsibility that you broke your truck.

That's why Marco said it is not undetectable. Sure no trace of the program is there, but if the tech is determined, they'll find some evidence somewhere that suggests things haven't always been stock. Or you may use it and go to the dealer and they might never see it. But there is always a chance. And if Marco says it's undetectable and the tech does find it, then he's thrown into the fire for lying about his product.

Sure he could market it as no undetectable with some exceptions, but somehow those exceptions never get fully read through by the public. It's much easier to stick with a black and white view of it is or it isn't.

This may not work well for marketing, but it does work well for making happy customers since they know what they're getting up front and you don't have to deal with the backlash from customers wanting to know why the dealer asked them if they were running a programmer. If you don't like the possibility that something might be found, then perhaps a programmer isn't for you.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:30 PM

So far I have had 6 customers return to the dealer with warranty/tsb's , all of them came back with their ecm's updated with stock firmware, and no mention of any warranty penalty, or being voided.
I really don't think that any dealer will void anyones warranty over the minor traces left behind by any tuner product.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodTodd
So far I have had 6 customers return to the dealer with warranty/tsb's , all of them came back with their ecm's updated with stock firmware, and no mention of any warranty penalty, or being voided.
I really don't think that any dealer will void anyones warranty over the minor traces left behind by any tuner product.
If someone has a major failure, I'll bet the dealer will take some additional time to look at the ECM parameters. Or they would likely call in someone from Chrysler to take a look. They hate paying off on large claims and I imagine they'll go to some lengths to not have to pay it out. Warranty items and TSBs are pretty routine and no real reason for the dealer to look into the ECM parameters (unless they're just in the business of trying to void some warranties).

But if someone is motivated enough to look, they're probably motivated enough to find something.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Bottom line, like you said Justin; If you wanna play, you gotta pay.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what other tuner is 100% undetectable?

Quick Reply: S67 is dealer detectable????