Regular gas in 2007 Dodge Ram 6.7l diesel - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Regular gas in 2007 Dodge Ram 6.7l diesel

Old 12-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #1  

Regular gas in 2007 Dodge Ram 6.7l diesel

I accidently put 8 gallons of regular gas into 6.7l diesel. I caught what I had done and finished filling with diesel. The tank size is 34 gallons so about 1/4 of the tank was regular gas. nI was on the road trying to reach a location to deal with a family emergency and in my ignorance I decided to continue driving thinking the mixture was not enough to adversely affect the engine. Every 50 miles miles I stopped and topped off the tank with diesel. I ended up driving 200 miles before the truck was home. During the driving I did not have one single issue. Not a single backfire or any sign of power loss. I drove the highway at 70-80 mph, climbed step hills, etc. After i got home i started researching the gas in diesel issue and realized how lucky i was not to have broke down on the road and caused serious engine issues. My question is what to do next? Get tank drained? What else?
Steven Beegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Beegle View Post
I accidently put 8 gallons of regular gas into 6.7l diesel. I caught what I had done and finished filling with diesel. The tank size is 34 gallons so about 1/4 of the tank was regular gas. nI was on the road trying to reach a location to deal with a family emergency and in my ignorance I decided to continue driving thinking the mixture was not enough to adversely affect the engine. Every 50 miles miles I stopped and topped off the tank with diesel. I ended up driving 200 miles before the truck was home. During the driving I did not have one single issue. Not a single backfire or any sign of power loss. I drove the highway at 70-80 mph, climbed step hills, etc. After i got home i started researching the gas in diesel issue and realized how lucky i was not to have broke down on the road and caused serious engine issues. My question is what to do next? Get tank drained? What else?
keep driving and keep it full ,also add some 2 stroke oil for lubrication
johnh is offline   Reply With Quote