3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Programmer only?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a full delete, do you do just the egr, or the cooler part also, and whats the differance.

Can someone help me on a list of parts I need, I'll start and correct me, or add. Lets start, smarty s67me, do I get the bungless delete pipe, or the one with bungs, egr delete kit, with or with out the cooler delete stuff, I don't have any guages, probably have to get the later. Can I keep the muffler on, or can you get a muffler delete pipe also. whwere do I get the parts at, a sponsor on here??
Old 05-18-2010, 07:50 PM

Full deletes, is DPF, EGR actuator, EGR cooler and throttle valve. With the Smarty you do not need sims, so no need for bungs. Just use a 5.9 turbo back exhaust to delete the DPF and Nox catalyst. You can keep or delete the muffler, your choice.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 2171CTD
Full deletes, is DPF, EGR actuator, EGR cooler and throttle valve. With the Smarty you do not need sims, so no need for bungs. Just use a 5.9 turbo back exhaust to delete the DPF and Nox catalyst. You can keep or delete the muffler, your choice.
Couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:21 PM

they sell the throttle valve on here?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:22 PM

PM Lary Ellis (Top) and he can tell you for sure, but I havent dreamt up anything that he hasnt been able to get yet.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
PM Lary Ellis (Top) and he can tell you for sure, but I havent dreamt up anything that he hasnt been able to get yet.
I just looked at the MADS page for the deletes, they say to unplug the throttle wire, is that what you did.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by sabercat
I just looked at the MADS page for the deletes, they say to unplug the throttle wire, is that what you did.
I have the throttle valve delete in place. But yeah it's unplugged and the plug from the harness is sealed with electrical tape and zip tied out of the way.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 PM

I have the throttle valve delete in place. But yeah it's unplugged and the plug from the harness is sealed with electrical tape and zip tied out of the way.

So you deleted it to clean up the engine bay
Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Soot For Brains!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mega-engr
Yes, it pretty much is. It is my tow truck and all purpose fun machine. Warantee will be gone and it still won't be broke in yet. Otherwise I just abuse the 96 Camry on a daily basis .
I like your way of thinking. Im gonna give you the two chuck norris thumbs up right now.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:54 AM

I forgot to ask, actually after adding the programmer, and deletes, you could just unplug the egr cooler, and throttle valve, and leave those 2 in place right? Or do you have to actually take them off.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 AM

Yes you could leave them in place. I did it for lowe egts and cleaning up the bay. Peace of mind too.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:18 AM

Yes you could leave them in place. I did it for lowe egts and cleaning up the bay. Peace of mind too.
Thanks alot, I thuink I will start saving to get the products, Would H&S be a good place to do business?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:38 AM

Thanks alot, I thuink I will start saving to get the products, Would H&S be a good place to do business?
All the delete hardware on my truck is H&S. They make good stuff.

My favorite place to do business is right here at the DTR store. Lary has all the H&S and Smarty stuff you need and it supports our favorite site.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:54 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just so you know. All you need is a short straight delete pipe between the CAT and muffler for the exhaust and to do the simple and basic disconnections shown in the MADS instructions for the S67ME. Nothing more.

More power to you if you can save up and achieve the rest and clean it up nicely and not worry about going back!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by mega-engr
Just so you know. All you need is a short straight delete pipe between the CAT and muffler for the exhaust and to do the simple and basic disconnections shown in the MADS instructions for the S67ME. Nothing more.

More power to you if you can save up and achieve the rest and clean it up nicely and not worry about going back!
This is correct. Matter of fact from now on I shall refer to the deletes in two stages.

Full deletes, deletes Blake style.

California deletes, deletes Mega style.

Quick Reply: Programmer only?