Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/)
-   -   A New Happy Customer - 2011 Fulle Delete (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/new-happy-customer-2011-fulle-delete-312559/)

reelscreamers 06-10-2013 03:46 PM

A New Happy Customer - 2011 Fulle Delete

I know that there are a ton of threads on this subject because I spent months reading them. Deciding to delete a 2011 truck purchased in 2012 and take the chance of voiding the warranty is a big decision. Add to this that I am not a wrench turner when it comes to diesel engines, I had to have one because of my pulling needs so I am a rookie when it comes to the numbers and inner workings of a 2011 Cummins.

My situation is a lot of highway miles in south Louisiana, good flat terrain, the only hill is the overpass down the road. However when the tropics start brewing I regularly haul a 46 foot goose neck loaded with about 12K pounds of boat and other evacuation needs with heavy loads.

I studied these forums for months and darn it was a decision to make. However finding myself in my rural community for over a week with a DPF that was at 90% full and having to travel 45 minutes down the road to get to somewhere that I could reach highway speeds for a regen, ticked me off and I pulled the trigger.

Four (4) hours later with a full delete and a H&S tuner and all I can say is OHH MY!!!!! I am almost scared of my truck now. For anyone contemplating the same move, I cannot express to you the difference that this has made, it is a different truck.

Mileage was my main concern.

Pre - delete my mileage figures were running about 21 to 22 MPG on the highway without a load - UNTIL I went through the numerous regens in a 300 mile round trip. The regens brought the mileage down to less than 18 MPG. Put that on top of living on an island that has a 45 MPH speed limit and it was a real pain in the arse to have to seek out a highway for a regen, hoping that I did not go into limp mode.

Post delete, I have a rocket that will no doubt light the tires any time I ask it to but the biggest plus is the fuel mileage. On that same 300+ mile round trip, cruising at 70, I have a confirmed 24 MPG with no regens to send it into the garbage. Can I say that as a newly deleted Dodge owner I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. As long as the truck holds together, I cannot see a down side to it.

Oh one more advantage, when homie pulls next to you with that CRAP blaring for all to hear, one well placed shot on the accelerator fills his low rider Buick full of nice black smoke.

Only one more modification in my future, a good set of train horns for the texters, hell I will be able to afford them with the money I am saving on the fuel bill now.

Seriously, mine is newly converted but if you are considering it, I can only tell you that it made a world of positive difference in my truck.
reelscreamers.com

Lil Dog 06-12-2013 11:44 PM

Congratulations.. :cheers:
Welcome to team BlackTec!