3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

mini maxx questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mini maxx questions

Boss got a mini-maxx for the delete on his 08. The shop it came from also suggested a couple other things including taking the pressure-relief valve out of the fuel rail and plugging it off. He's only after fuel mileage, not power, does anyone know any way of locking out the higher power settings so they don't get used?

The shop said that even on the tow setting if you get on it hard it can pop the relief valve. I was wondering, is there any chance the spring could be shimmed a bit, so that it could hold the pressure of the lower settings but pop on the higher settings and prevent their use?
Old 03-22-2014, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there are shim kits available for them, just dig around, I think H&S sells them but cant remember, as far as locking out the fun power levels you might have to email H&S

one possibility would be to spend the couple hundred bucks, buy the unlock code for the Maxx calibration control software and turn down the high power settings to a safe level, although more research would need to be done to see if that is even possible, its way too late in my day to go digging around for those answers but you if find a way to do it let me know, it may be really handy
Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on the shim kit however I ran around for about 60k miles with nothing done as far as shim or plug with never popping the relief and I ran performance level all the time. To lock out, I think only way to do it would be to get MCC unlock and then program each level the same exact way, whether the tow tune, or whatever else floats your boat. Personally, after going the custom tune route finally, I'd suggest if getting the MCC to lock the higher tunes get custom tuning from a good reputable tuner and have them program it exactly how you want it. Example- stock, tow, heavy tow, mileage .

09 CTD qcsb, parts fell off, some got added, car seat and hot wife mod w/ full wallet delete
Old 04-25-2014, 09:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
update-

Told boss and mechanic many don't do the valve in the fuel rail. They did it. Now the truck won't run. Hauled it an hour and a half to have the shop where they got the parts look at it, fired up and ran fine. Hauled it home, dead. They determined that the plug needs to be in really really really tight or it'll let fuel bypass and not build proper pressure.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
only way to remove the other tunes is by mcc you would have to buy it export the tow tune then copy and paste the parameters into street and performance therefore making them all the the same just like having a single tune looking at a minimum 200 just for the mcc unlock code plus if your not computer savvy then paying someone to do it my suggestion would be user education or hide the mini maxx somewhere lol