3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Well this is happening...ABS & Brake Light + Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this is happening...ABS & Brake Light + Speedo

So I was driving home tonight, and all of a sudden the ABS and parking brake lights came on in the dash, and the truck shuttered, and shut off!

...I rolled to the light, and I got it started right back up. Well, the ABS & Brake lights stayed on and the speedo wasn't working anymore. Great.

So after reading many forum posts, it seems similar to what other people have experienced - BUT, it seems mine is the only case where fuse 30 (the spare but not really a spare) KEEPS BLOWING! When I noticed it was blown, I replaced it and it didn't fix the problem, so I checked it: blown again. I did it a third time just to make sure.

I then disconnected the rear speed sensor on top of the pumpkin in case it was broken and shorted, and replaced the fuse....blown again.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to ideas! Thank you!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Update: I disconnected the ABS module and tried again....blown fuse. I guess that means at least it's not a blown ABS module!

Unplugged both front wheel speed sensors and tried again....blown fuse.

I have no idea what else could get it's power through this fuse.

Anyone?
Old 04-02-2017, 11:35 AM

I managed to trace the supply wire from the fuse....all the friggen way under the vehicle, and then across.....to this....what the heck is this??? It's definitely the culprit. Everything else is plugged in, I turn the key, ABS and Brake lights go out.