3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

H&S Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&S Updates

I just got back into the diesel world purchasing a 2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 6.7L and G56. The truck came with an H&S MiniMaxx with full deletes. I read Blake's guide and checked the truck over to make sure everything was done correctly and it looks good so far.

My question is about the firmware version on the MiniMaxx. I have the high sulfur mode running for full deletes. What is the benefit of updating the firmware to the latest version and will the latest version take away the high sulfur mode? It seems to run fine on the version it is running. After reading about the new MiniMaxx not offering the ability to delete, will updating take away that ability on the one I have.

Thanks
-Muzzy
Old 05-04-2014, 10:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
H&S has stated in the past that they won't lock out delete capable tuners and that they would continue to provide updates as necessary.

Updating to latest firmware is debatable. Some say if it works then don't mess with it. I I have updated my Black Maxx with about every other update with zero problems.

As far as benefits go, updates are there to clean up issues found in older tunes or to provide additional enhancements. For instance, if you decide you want to do any custom tuning with MCC, then you will have to update to the latest firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2014, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what software version is on your mini now?
Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by 6.7L MegaCab
H&S has stated in the past that they won't lock out delete capable tuners and that they would continue to provide updates as necessary.

Updating to latest firmware is debatable. Some say if it works then don't mess with it. I I have updated my Black Maxx with about every other update with zero problems.

As far as benefits go, updates are there to clean up issues found in older tunes or to provide additional enhancements. For instance, if you decide you want to do any custom tuning with MCC, then you will have to update to the latest firmware.

So you are running the latest version on yours and have all the deletes?

Originally Posted by 2006BLKMegacab
what software version is on your mini now?
I don't recall off the top of my head. I just remember it was a few versions back from what H&S had on their site as the latest. I will run out to my truck at lunch to see what the actual number is and will post it.

-Muzzy
Old 05-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Well, almost the latest. I updated with the version from last July, then they released another version in August to fix the line pressure. I haven't noticed any problems and been too lazy to update it.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by 6.7L MegaCab
Well, almost the latest. I updated with the version from last July, then they released another version in August to fix the line pressure. I haven't noticed any problems and been too lazy to update it.

I can't remember whether or I'm running 6.7.49 or 6.7.50 but I am still deleted so you should be fine
Old 05-05-2014, 04:06 PM

I am on 6.7.40, which is from Oct. 24, 2012. Looks like there are a number of feature enhancements with version changes since then. I work in IT and know that sometimes the latest version of code isn't always the best version. Anyone know why they haven't updated since August of last year?

-Muzzy
Old 05-05-2014, 06:59 PM

just a guess but it might be a way to get you to buy the MCC codes and start writing your own stuff in search of more, I doubt that they found what they were looking for in terms of mileage and power gains and quit

the best mileage back on 6.7.26....... more stuff to be had with the newer tunes and firmware updates so I may reload 6.7.26 on the truck and then reload the 6.7.50 on the tuner and get all the features of the new stuff at the expense of a few tweaks I didn't use anyway
Old 05-05-2014, 07:53 PM

So you can run the tune from 6.7.26 and have 6.7.50 on the tuner?

-Muzzy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 PM

yup, the tuner writes the file t the ECM and then the truck runs off of that file, then you just take the tuner back to the house, reload whichever tune you like take it back to the truck and tell the tuner to update firmware without updating the ECM, then you get all the fancy features and updated gauges and the better mileage of the old tune
Old 05-06-2014, 12:13 AM

Learn something new every day.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2006BLKMegacab
yup, the tuner writes the file t the ECM and then the truck runs off of that file, then you just take the tuner back to the house, reload whichever tune you like take it back to the truck and tell the tuner to update firmware without updating the ECM, then you get all the fancy features and updated gauges and the better mileage of the old tune
Is there an archive of old tune versions somewhere? I couldn't find anything but the newest on the H&S site.

-Muzzy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 08:48 AM

send me a PM with your email and I will send you the copy of I have on file
The following users liked this post:
USMCOrd1 (04-28-2017)
Old 07-24-2014, 06:52 AM

hey does anybody have any of the old software that i could go back to im looking to go back to 6.7.36 to 6.7.43 kinda anywhere in there to where i still have mcc but also have the old tunes and throttle sensitivity i really miss that
many thanks
Old 05-22-2016, 12:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm looking for updates as well, just to see if one if better than the other.

Anyone grab them before H&S went under?

-Kris

Quick Reply: H&S Updates