3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Electronic Throttle control issues..need help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronic Throttle control issues..need help.

My dad has an 07.5, 6.7, 2wd mega. Been trying to help him the last week or so get his truck running right. Did as much research as I could and everything lead to replacing the accelerator petal with the throttle position sensor on it. It would run like crap, stay under 50mph, and then would run ok some days etc, was off and on. The last bit the accelerator wasnt even responding. So put a new one on, cleaned up all the battery connections, recalibrated new one and cleared codes. Stayed running good for 1 day, thought it was fixed till just a bit ago he said was sputtering and ETC light on dash came on again.

Codes before we swapped new sensor
P2127 - Accelerator pedal position sensor number 2 circuit low
P2299 - brake pedal position and accelerator pedal position incompatible
P2122 - Accelerator pedal position sensor number 1 circuit low
p2121 - Accelerator pedal position sensor 1 performance

Dont know what the current codes are that were thrown just a bit ago. Hes going to get the batteries load tested tonight. I did read the sensors are sensitive to current provided. The battery cables and connections have never been replaced as well. I really dont want to be chasing this, and need some help in what to look at next. As soon as I know current codes I'll post them. Truck has 215k miles, and batteries are about 4 years old.

3 things happened before this all started, so dont know which one caused it.
cleared change oil minder on console by stepping on accelerator 3 times rapidly
washed out under the hood with simple green after changing oil
disconnected a big wire harness above the fuel filter (to change filter) that is mounted on the top of the firewall...put back together and truck wouldnt start, so I disconnected and reconnected and it started after that...not sure if something glitched in that harness etc. Its a big mess of wires coming together at the harness.

Sorry this was long but wanted to give as much info as I could to hopefully help my feedback. Thanks guys!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:52 PM

Current codes it threw today are

P2127
P2122
P2121

I'll report back once we get the batteries tested tonight.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Did you use factory APP or did you use aftermarket? I would ohm check wiring to PCM to make sure wiring is not causing problem. I have had to replace APP 3 times before I found a good one. That is using factory parts also. The last one has been on for 6 months so far and hasn't failed yet. I'm feeling lucky so far. Never probe the PCM connector or you will spread it and cause a bigger problem. Only back probe with proper test probe. Or use a paper clip. But never probe on the connector side. If you already have then that can be your problem.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:47 PM

Did you ever figure out your problem. currently have the same issues an
d codes