3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Does 6.7 mean no more straight pipe.....

Old 12-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's more of a general tech/technology discussion vs. breaking the law...

should we put a lame disclaimer at the begining of every post saying that we're talking about our offroad/farm truck that will never see a public highway?

I guess I'll put it in my sig so when we talk about injectors and programmers that increase emisssions beyond factory parameters, the feds will see that I'm talking about a pure competition vehicle and they won't come kick my door down
Old 12-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing
I think it's more of a general tech/technology discussion vs. breaking the law...

should we put a lame disclaimer at the begining of every post saying that we're talking about our offroad/farm truck that will never see a public highway?

I guess I'll put it in my sig so when we talk about injectors and programmers that increase emisssions beyond factory parameters, the feds will see that I'm talking about a pure competition vehicle and they won't come kick my door down
Viewpoint.

I'm not gonna say right or wrong, but since you brought it up, I decided to offer my thoughts...

And I agree on the tech discussion. To a point, but at some point it seems to go a little far.

This is probabally a bad analagy, but general info on building a bomb/cooking meth is viewed as informative, but a detailed how to would be crossing the line...
Old 12-30-2006, 10:47 PM

I always believe what anyone wants to do to thier own truck is up to them. it is going to very interesting year with guys trying to get around the aftertreatment system. it will take a complete rewrite of the ECM calibration. I would get a 06 ECM and install it , but then your dealing with a different transmission and that is not going to work.

those two tubes you see is the aftertreatment differential sensor tubing. one goes to the inlet of the DPF and one to the outlet, its job is to measure the flow thru the DPF, and send that info to the ECM, so the ECM is always looking for this info and know that the delta pressure will always be changing due to the duty cycle and accumulation of ash in the DPF, so just plugging it or tying the tubes together will get you into a severe derate within 5 miles. You will also find two temperature sensor, the DOC is near the engine and also has a temp sensor at the inlet of the DOC.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
IMHO it should be. Removing the new smog stuff will not only violate your warranty, but also the Federal Laws mandating it. Do so at your own risk, and leave Jack and Larry out of it...

I really find this funny... Removing the Cat, particulate filter etc is no more illegal than installing a Downloader, box or injectors.. they are all federal crimes.. In these newer motors the ECM, Program, and sensors are all part of the federal emissions. IMHO the only reason that those talks are not locked is because they are worth to much money.. removing a cat is worth about $50.00 or less with a cat delete pipe..

So in essence any talk performance enhancing engine mods are not only a violation of federal law but also a violation of this sites terms of use...

There are some performance mods legal as long as they come with a Federal CARB certification and sticker.. Hmmm last time I looked none of the down loaders or boxes we sell have that..

Mind you I don't condone removing or modifying any emissions equipment and my truck is mechanically stock with all emissions in place.

what it really boils down to is this site is run by the moderators and they do an excellent job.. it is what they want to allow or not allow..
Old 12-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Banned

well, I'm no beagle1, but I've had my run-ins w/ the mods on this site...

I love this site... its a great source for info, but the ultra-tight (and often hypocritical) moderation holds it back... I guess this is my uncouth method of trying to better one of my favorite sites on the net, but that's me!!!!

if I've stepped on all ten toes, please delete/edit my posts, but don't ban me!

if I've proven my point, please delete/edit my posts and see where I'm coming from!

making friends all over the net,

Forrest
Old 12-31-2006, 06:41 AM
Banned

And I was mostly playing Devil's advocate with Forrest...

In the end it boils down to what each one is comfortable with. And Larry has the final say.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 PM
zxa

Originally Posted by BaldHog
I always believe what anyone wants to do to thier own truck is up to them. it is going to very interesting year with guys trying to get around the aftertreatment system. it will take a complete rewrite of the ECM calibration. I would get a 06 ECM and install it , but then your dealing with a different transmission and that is not going to work.

those two tubes you see is the aftertreatment differential sensor tubing. one goes to the inlet of the DPF and one to the outlet, its job is to measure the flow thru the DPF, and send that info to the ECM, so the ECM is always looking for this info and know that the delta pressure will always be changing due to the duty cycle and accumulation of ash in the DPF, so just plugging it or tying the tubes together will get you into a severe derate within 5 miles. You will also find two temperature sensor, the DOC is near the engine and also has a temp sensor at the inlet of the DOC.
was wondering in the two canister..does the dpf is the firts on the exaust and the "doc" second??? or the opposite?? personaly i think that the dpf is the firts following by the doc...
Old 03-24-2007, 12:39 AM

I have not seen the DCx version yet , but I have seen blue print of the system , they are running a DOC right off the turbo and then there is a NRC after that , and the DPF is last, some will have a muffler after the DPF,
Old 03-24-2007, 01:19 AM

I plea the 5th!