Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/)
-   -   Deleting 2009 6.7 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/deleting-2009-6-7-a-320844/)

rcpilot1 01-27-2015 07:29 AM

Deleting 2009 6.7

I'm in the process of deleteing a 2009 6.7. I have an EfiLive and dpf delete pipe. I going to block the cross over pipe, and put a plate under the egr valve. The question is I know I need to unplug the egr valve, butterfly valve, but do I need to unplug the egr cooler connector also?

cl733 01-29-2015 04:29 PM

A true dpf/egr delete, gets rid of everything, so it does get unplugged Im not an authority , but if you aren't going to be using it them you should probably leave it unplugged, and tell your tuner what you have done so he can delete it in your tune, before you do anything you should pull your stock tune out and go look through efi live computer program and see if your stock file is ok to flash first, I also have an 09 and can tell you that after I believe it is the 4th month of 09 all the ecms had a boot loader put on the op system which will not allow you to flash with efi live as it stands. if you got your truck tore apart you wont be able to fix it so you can, check your file first to be sure it is ok to flash , search 09 6.7 bootloader for efi live and you should find something. If your truck is assembled after the 4th month I believe you can take it to your dealer and reflash a new stock file without the bootloader and then you are good to go, if you have bought the truck used and are suspicious of it having a tuner installed then you should flash a new stock file them too as removing a tuner does not leave a stock file in its original form and can / will cause you big problems. A reflash is an hour charge and good insurance, My advice is to get the csp switch and get the extra tunes right now , install them all at once , it will end the over head chime problems and you will be so much happier, get some light tunes , anything too big will surely stress your auto trans, I took off the egr , and butterfly valve and had my tunes wrote for that works awesome, I still get the overhead chimes , but only because I I haven't installed my csp tuning yet too. You are going to love that truck even more when you get done, and will surely notice a change infuel econony

rcpilot1 01-29-2015 04:41 PM

I deleted and unplugged all. Loaded the if I live patch for bootloader problem then loaded the tune. All is good. Mpg on overhead went ftom 13.6 to 22.1
love efilive.

cl733 01-29-2015 04:46 PM

I had mine down to 11.1 litres /100km , and hand figuring took me a little lower than that even yet, and on a longer straight drive im sure it will get better

boatpuller 02-26-2015 01:12 PM

The problem with 09 ecm block has been fixed. I just went that route and Anarchy assured me . That they can do it

46mech 06-22-2015 12:06 PM

Since you guys are talking EFI Live.... I did the EFI Live system, maybe a year ago. You guys still get the "DPF Full" warning? Phil told me there was no way around that warning. Thanks

philiptibbs 04-13-2016 01:25 PM

I have EFI live by Ryan on my 2008 3500 and have full egr delete and 5" turbo back exhaust and mine runs great and no errors. Only thing I have to do is get rid of the air in my cooling system and I'm good to go.