3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

A couple of 6.7 questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mega-engr
All you have to do is remove the plunger from the EGR motor and it is supposed to stay plugged in electrically. Full delete is another way, but the EGR motor still stays plugged in and tied up, kind of like carrying around a poopy diaper and not being able to throw it away.

Ya know lol. Was waiting to do all the deletes before messing with the plunger. Jus ordered my delete plates from RSD so will be going on this weekend for sure!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM

I just wanted to tell everybody thank you so much for all of the help! I believe I have my final list for my truck. I am thinking about the 5 inch tbe, cold air intake, all the guages, smoke switch, smarty, egr delete, and finally the tv delete. I think I covered it, might throw in a leveling kit as well. I am still disputing on if i should do the work myself or let a shop do it, I am not the best at intensive mechanic work. Again thank you all.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Johnsoncattle
I am not the best at intensive mechanic work. Again thank you all.
None of that is intensive mechanic work. Annoying, irritating, making you want to throw a wrench work it is.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:30 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
These simple deletes have been some of the easier mechanical work on a vehicle I've done. I've had harder work rotating tires before.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:38 PM

The only thing I really know about the 6.7 and I have a couple of buddy's that have done this. They bought the 6.7 and put a small chunk of change about 7-8k in it and the number one problem that people are having with the 6.7 that is trying to beef the motor up is that the stock connecting rods are not meant for much more than a gain of 100hp unsure on torque. dodge designed them that way because they(like all other manufactures) are trying to make it to where you cant mod them at all. that and if its a stick ADD AN EXTRA QUART OF TRANS FLUID!!!!!!! they come from factory a quart low and that is the main reason 5 gear has been going out under them when your not driving like an old grandma.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mhetrick89
The only thing I really know about the 6.7 and I have a couple of buddy's that have done this. They bought the 6.7 and put a small chunk of change about 7-8k in it and the number one problem that people are having with the 6.7 that is trying to beef the motor up is that the stock connecting rods are not meant for much more than a gain of 100hp unsure on torque. dodge designed them that way because they(like all other manufactures) are trying to make it to where you cant mod them at all. that and if its a stick ADD AN EXTRA QUART OF TRANS FLUID!!!!!!! they come from factory a quart low and that is the main reason 5 gear has been going out under them when your not driving like an old grandma.
Where does this info come from?

I have looked under the hood of a 6.7 that dyno'd over 900 on stock connecting rods.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Where does this info come from?

I have looked under the hood of a 6.7 that dyno'd over 900 on stock connecting rods.
opinion? hearsay? who knows
Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 PM

I have a 6.7 09' with Bully Dog, what is the smoke switch. I would love to get it to smoke! My 5.9L did, but the 6.7 wont. So how do you get it to smoke?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:49 PM

You must have the DPF delete in place for it to work...

Black Out Button Here
Old 07-28-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2171CTD
None of that is intensive mechanic work. Annoying, irritating, making you want to throw a wrench work it is.
Originally Posted by mega-engr
These simple deletes have been some of the easier mechanical work on a vehicle I've done. I've had harder work rotating tires before.
I agree. If you can, set aside a weekend and do the delete work yourself. You will have a better understanding of why it smothers the truck so much, and what a good thing the deletes are. If you run into trouble one of us will be around to lend a hand.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 PM

What is the DPF delete?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jbaflyer
What is the DPF delete?
Sorry bud, didnt notice you had just joined us...

Welcome to the DTR!

Take a look at this.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t-t273345.html
Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 PM

Thank you very much. It explained everything. Just one question, on the 09 6.7 with the Bully Dog, is it still traceable to void the warranty? The company claimed it is not traceable when reprogrammed to stock.

It seems like alot of removals to get the smoke. Makes me miss my 5.9L
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jbaflyer
Thank you very much. It explained everything. Just one question, on the 09 6.7 with the Bully Dog, is it still traceable to void the warranty? The company claimed it is not traceable when reprogrammed to stock.

It seems like alot of removals to get the smoke. Makes me miss my 5.9L
No programmer on the 6.7 is untraceable. Smarty was the only one that was undetectable on the 5.9 and even they are not undetectable on the 6.7

What year truck do you have. Fill out your sig so we can help you out more.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 PM

Blake, Thank you for the replies. I would like to do the mod, but without having to disable everything and having to deal with the DPF. If I connect up the wires/resistor/and switch would I still get smoke? I don't need a coal station but some would be nice.

Quick Reply: A couple of 6.7 questions.