3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

A couple of 6.7 questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post A couple of 6.7 questions.

I currently have a couple of upgrades in work for my 08 dodge. I am going to add a cold air intake, smarty, 5 inch tbe,smoke switch, all the guages (trans temp,egt,boost), and a boost fooler. All of this work will be done at Mid Atlantic Diesel Performance. Also, i will be putting on a adrenline 2.5 inch lift kit. My main questions really are:

1 Should I be installing something else other than these upgrades?

2 Am I making a good decision by getting my work done at M.A.D.P? Do they do good work?

3 Is the adrenline lift kit the best option within that price range?

I am new at this 6.7 diesel thing so ANY help/suggestions will help a bunch.
Thank You
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 AM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
One thing that comes to mind is that you don't need any boost fooling with the Smarty. It all ready has it! I assume you'd be deleting other items like EGR, Cooler, TV, in the engine bay as well.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Sound like you have a good plan in mind. You wont regret it. I have no personal dealings with them, but have never heard anything negative.

Im with mega on this though, you shouldnt need a boost fooler with the set up you plan to run. I also recommend full deletes if possible.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 AM

if you have a standard add a clutch to your list
Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 PM

it's probably an auto if he's putting a trans temp gauge in
Old 07-26-2010, 08:46 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions! I will take off the boost fooler and add something else to my list. What should I add to the list? EGR delete? or some other delete?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 PM

EGR delete. If you do the Smarty ME with the EGR intact, you will be very very smoky.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:16 PM
"California Style"

EGR Delete, EGR Cooler Delete, Trottle Valve Delete. That will get rid of the basic emmisions junk. Look into trans upgrades and programming for it if you want to put some power down though.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2171CTD
EGR delete. If you do the Smarty ME with the EGR intact, you will be very very smoky.
I think this is my problem now!! I have straight pipe exhuast and uploaded the ME tune to get ride of the regs however my egr is still plugged in on the intake horn. My truck smokes A LOT more then others tell me it should, so deff do ALL the deletes, egr and cooler. Plus with out the cooler it looks WAAAAYYYY cleaner
Old 07-27-2010, 01:49 PM

I drove my truck for two days with ME loaded and the EGR on. Smoked like I had a tire fire in the bed. Once I ripped all the EGR nonsense off it cleaned up.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 PM

I there a website i can buy all of the deletes from? Will you still get some smoke with a smarty with the egr off? I have looked on purecummins.com and found the complete egr delete (cooler and egr), however cant find throttle delete. Anyone know of a good low price lift kit?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Johnsoncattle
I there a website i can buy all of the deletes from? Will you still get some smoke with a smarty with the egr off? I have looked on purecummins.com and found the complete egr delete (cooler and egr), however cant find throttle delete. Anyone know of a good low price lift kit?
You can buy everything you need right here at the DTR store. If you dont see it listed, PM Lary Ellis (Top) and he can get it for you.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Johnsoncattle
Like Blake said, DTR store has everything youll need. My truck with full deletes smokes pretty decent when I get on it. Click the link for suspension.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/
Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 PM

Like Joe said it will smoke some, but if you do want it to smoke more, I can help you with that too.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:06 PM
"California Style"

Originally Posted by Kylemm1002
I think this is my problem now!! I have straight pipe exhuast and uploaded the ME tune to get ride of the regs however my egr is still plugged in on the intake horn. My truck smokes A LOT more then others tell me it should, so deff do ALL the deletes, egr and cooler. Plus with out the cooler it looks WAAAAYYYY cleaner
All you have to do is remove the plunger from the EGR motor and it is supposed to stay plugged in electrically. Full delete is another way, but the EGR motor still stays plugged in and tied up, kind of like carrying around a poopy diaper and not being able to throw it away.

Quick Reply: A couple of 6.7 questions.