3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Cali-delete, throttle valve connection, limp mode?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cali-delete, throttle valve connection, limp mode?

Did the cali-style delete, followed it to a "T" except my c&c doesnt have an egr cooler. Run a Smarty Jr ME version and no problems except when I get on it and go WOT. The truck goes into limp mode (no power, and overhead console says "see dealer now, service required." Sometimes, I get code p2227 barometric pressure blah blah and sometimes no codes pop up. The only way to get the truck outta limp mode is to clear the DTCs w/ the Smarty Jr, even though sometimes no codes appear. If I go WOT again, same story. I read on a different forum to clean the MAP sensor and see if that helps. I havent had time to do that yet, but I will soon. Also on that other forum, they asked if I had the Throttle Valve disconnected, and according to the thread of how to "delete" I do have it disconnected.

My question is this: Why do I have to disconnect the throttle valve? What is the signifigance of this? What does this accomplish? If I reconnect it, will this solve my problem? I'm just tired of trying to pass someone and then the truck going into limp mode. Thanks guys.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 AM

You disconnect the throttle valve to keep the blade from closing. Did you remove the plunger from your egr actuator motor and plug it back in?
Oops, sorry, I reread your post and see that you have no egr?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Yes, i did remove the plunger and plugged it back in. I do have an egr, but no egr cooler.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=286110

Scroll down to my post with the links to pics.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Looked at your pics. You have the EGR cooler, but the EGR bypass servo motor is not present. You evidently don't have the bypass system. The cooler is the boxy looking structure on top of the exhaust manifold with the coolant lines connected to it.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:04 PM

Well now what should I try? I haven't had time to clean the Map sensor yet, gonna do that tomm, but someone just told me that since I have a c&c, it is located in a different place than a reg 6.7. Where is it?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:53 AM

Yes, I see that, no egr bypass servo??? Strange!!!
Browse through this document and make sure all steps are done. Then I would try loading the stock level software back into your truck, take it around the block, hook up Smarty and first clear whatever codes you aquired, and then, re-load the catcher software that you are trying to use. Just one dumb question, when you hook your Smarty up, it does say version "J23ME"?
When you removed your dpf, did you also remove the hoses from the pressure switch and leave the switch plugged in? I'm just shooting from the hip here, as this is strange.
Let us know how you make out.
jd
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
the CC trucks don't always have the bypass servo.

are you 100% positive you unplugged the throttle valve. I have seen it many times people unplug the temp/baro sensor and that will cause your issue. the throttle valve is a pain to get to. Also have seen on a few trucks they don't like the throttle valve to be unplugged for some reason or another. Have talked to Bob about this in depth. recheck your connections (temp/baro needs to be plugged in, throttle valve etc). If you are 100% sure you did the throttle valve then plug it back in ,clear codes and go run it hard. If it is good to go, then you can either leave it like that OR remove the throttle valve assembly from the intake horn and then remove the butterfly on the throttle valve shaft then reassemble the valve assembly back onto the intake horn. don't forget to buy a new gasket for the valve to horn before you start rippin it apart.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:48 AM

2019 3500 Ram Throttle Valve Delete

I was wondering if the 2017 or 2018 valve delete kits fit a 2019? I can't seem to find any anywhere for a 2019. I have everything else deleted and this is my last step.