Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/)
-   -   6.7L EGR Block Off Kit/EGR Cooler Delete (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/6-7l-egr-block-off-kit-egr-cooler-delete-248269/)

MOJO1 07-24-2009 10:19 AM

6.7L EGR Block Off Kit/EGR Cooler Delete

I am back for more! My Brain is soaking this up[laugh] Do I need this when with the Smarty? If so where do i go for parts? Thanks J,C,

rip 112 07-24-2009 10:44 AM

If you want to run the ME files then yes you do need to. Since you mentioned in another thread that you would be losing the dpf, I figured you would. My friends truck has the full BADP kit on it and for the past month now zero codes, trucks running great. But the Smarty is the one that alleviated all the codes.

MOJO1 07-24-2009 11:00 AM

That sounds Great can I get some names of places where to get this stuff from? I do want to run the ME files so I want to get everything before I LOAD the New Software. Do you all agree?

rip 112 07-24-2009 11:26 AM

Totally.

I would look here:

http://www.maximumperformanceandacce..._p/s67-1al.htm

The other site wouldn't load up the page but I would seriously look at Flo Pro, they have exceptional pricing and have DPF kits available. Since the Smarty is now intended for use with the sensors unplugged anyways i would think any regular old pipe that would bolt up like it should would work just great. You cant order through them, but usually any muffler shop can get any of their products, as that is FloPros main clientel.

I would give them a shout

techsupport@flopro.com

mm73 07-24-2009 06:03 PM

You can also go to rollinsmokediesel.com And get the number to call them if you would like. He has the smarty and the exhaust and egr block off plates and egr cooler delete as well if you want to do that also. That is who I got all of my stuff from and he is great to deal with. Tell him Michael from Lake Charles refered you. I dont know if I can tell you a price on the forums so pm me and Ill give you an idea. As far as exhaust goes I got a turbo back 5" for a 5.9 and it bolted right up and I am completely code free and emissions free. Nothing but clean air going into my engine and it loves it.

Mike Holmen 07-24-2009 10:01 PM

Are you gonna remove the EGR cooler? EGR valve? Theres lots of do's and don'ts. I suggest H&S XRT or smarty 6.7ME, as this is strictly off road driven truck and used only for racing.[laugh] I'm holding my breathe for the black max or smarty but going edge race for my truck as its a nice band aid. Outside the edge box, the rest is you can build at home. My truck is a very late 09, its still in the factory. I don't want to start paying for it yet.[laugh]

Really a code free kits hasn't been made yet, but its worth a try. They have tags in the ecm for when the last time that the ECM been talked to, so its a flag. Edge isn't a program, but they have ways for that was well. I'm still researching on my truck as I don't want to spend any more money but want to own my a decent truck day after the monthly payments have stopped.[laugh] Ok, Its a dream[duhhh]

MOJO1 08-03-2009 03:33 PM

Well I went with a NEW TRUCK.09 Quad-Cab Laramie Build date 1-14-09 some where in that time. I have the Smarty and I know I talked about removing everything. But this is new and I think I will leave the DPF alone for a few months. So can I just run the Smarty on the standard tunes right now with the EGR unplugged or will this be a problem?

Lil Dog 08-04-2009 11:46 AM

Leave the EGR plugged in if you run the Smarty. This is in the instructions but is a common question. The Smarty takes care of that issue and the engine will de-rate if you do unplug it with the Smarty.

Mike Holmen 08-04-2009 06:28 PM

You guys thinking about putting on the plates or putting in a plug into the cross tube? I wonder if that would cause a lightning bolt. You see any of the goo that on the delete plate that collects there. there are a few thread on cumminforum about that one. Its only goo, sure beat soot.[laugh]

I bet that old 12v starting to look better and better.[duhhh]