3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

S-67 R14s

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S-67 R14s

Anyone play with the VGT tuning on this version? I just got back from towing the TT with R12 and the Regens seem to be rather excessive from what I was expecting with the upgrade from R10.

Looks promising, hoping to upload later today..
Old 07-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Chapter President

Got the upload done tonight.. Nice improvement in overall turbo performance and cruising EGT's are down at least 100°F from R12. I like seeing the 20+ psi boost levels under moderate acceleration as opposed to the lower stock levels. Still for me at SW3, the peak boost is 32ish.

Anyone else upgrade?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Got the upload done tonight.. Nice improvement in overall turbo performance and cruising EGT's are down at least 100°F from R12. I like seeing the 20+ psi boost levels under moderate acceleration as opposed to the lower stock levels. Still for me at SW3, the peak boost is 32ish.

Anyone else upgrade?
I did... I'm running SW2, with all 2's and so far I like it - unloaded. I will load up for a camping trip this weekend and see how it does when loaded.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM

Is this the program for trucks with the DPF still or with the deletes done? Is there a newer and better program than the me12?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Chapter President

Yes.. The R14 is S and ME. The same performance changes for both versions with added features. Also levels 8 and 9 are now 200 hp (not that I would ever use it.)

http://www.madselectronics.com/news.html
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 AM

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:54 PM

with the new program do you still need to unhook the EGR? Sounds like you don't need to. Them guys are Unreal with the SMARTY
Old 07-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Chapter President

Even with the old program (R10, R12), unplugging the EGR is not necessary or even suggested. The SMARTY takes care of that problem with the S or ME version.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
The Guru

Dog, what mods have you done to the truck? You put in the plates? EGT cooler and throttle plate removal? Do you get a lighting bolt? I'm going to start the wimpy mode to start, by just the dpf delete. From there, its a dance until its all gone.I was hoping I could do some learning? I wish my truck was pre march truck. I'm not going to drive a stock truck.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Chapter President

My mods so far..... S-67.... Oh and a canopy..

MDKRam and I have yet to get together for our custom exhaust build party. After that I may spring for the EGR blocker kit from DPP and maybe remove the cooler after I am confident with the whole system.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
The Guru

I'm doing the delete DPF right out of the dealer lot. I'm thinking about going with edge race box, (unless the smarty communication on the later than march 09 builds get fix). A home made dpf delete, its just a tube of exhaust pipe. that has a O2 bung welded into it. I'm planning on leaving the egr alone, to start with. Just force off the egr valve as much as I can get. I might put in a plug, for the soot crossover tube. You can hide that one easy enough. I haven't figured out if I should remove the throttle flapper blade intake thingy yet. Its kinda hit and miss on what the truck will like or not. I might even try the egr unplug once inwhile to mess with my dealer. You get any codes thrown on using the smarty?

I talked to a few guys about stacking the smarty with the edge. I guess you need a fuel system upgrade (sound familar eh..) and will toast the tranny in short order (of course that depends on the right foot). DTT is working on billet parts for the 68RFE. I just have to work on them some.

My truck got delayed again, lots of new truck deals up north, that are built before march.