3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

07 DPF delete questions

Old 08-11-2009, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the Smarty, the EGR will be shut off as soon as you download it onto the truck (assuming you are using the ME software). You don't have to physically delete it if you don't want to, though. You only have to plug the crossover tube and unplug the throttle valve connector on the back side of the intake horn. Best of both worlds; stock appearance, non-functional EGR.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now that's what i'm looking for, i'll be in touch with you further when i do this, can you send some pics to my email addy if you have them. Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 04:58 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BroncoHound
With the Smarty, the EGR will be shut off as soon as you download it onto the truck (assuming you are using the ME software). You don't have to physically delete it if you don't want to, though. You only have to plug the crossover tube and unplug the throttle valve connector on the back side of the intake horn. Best of both worlds; stock appearance, non-functional EGR.
My understanding is that the regular software does this as well. Commonds the EGR to 0%. Phyisically deleting or plugging just makes sure nothing can leak in. Like the best of both worlds thing when it comes warantee or emmisions testing possiblities.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by mega-engr
My understanding is that the regular software does this as well. Commonds the EGR to 0%. Phyisically deleting or plugging just makes sure nothing can leak in. Like the best of both worlds thing when it comes warantee or emmisions testing possiblities.
He seemed pretty dead set on deleting the DPF, however, which prompted me to mention the ME software.

Side note: I got that gauge pod in that I was telling you about. Im still messing with it a bit to get it perfectly situated but once I do I'll PM you some pics.

Originally Posted by chancey
now that's what i'm looking for, i'll be in touch with you further when i do this, can you send some pics to my email addy if you have them. Thanks
What do you need pictures of?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 PM
"California Style"

EGR = Eat Garbage Repeat...

Take a look at all the soot after only 5K miles! Chimney sweep?
07 DPF delete questions-img_0118.jpg

Freeze plug tapped in with screw for easy removal to plug it off from the source 100%. Stick the tube back on for the stock look.
07 DPF delete questions-img_0120.jpg

Took 30 minutes, thanks Broncohound!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats why I am doing the DELETS! No soot for me
Old 08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Chapter President

Cool photos. That freeze plug looks like a good idea.. I like the stock appearance deal..
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What gets screwed back into the exhaust if anything? My idea was to get a flange made to bolt up to the end of the nox scrubber then run 4" pipe I have laying around back to the duals I have.

Starting from software revision “V:6.09A D:R12ME” the original exhaust gas temperature thermocouples are no
longer needed! You can simply unplug them and seal the OEM connectors in the wiring harness with electrical
tape.

If you already use thermocouple simulators ( “SIMS” ) you can eventually leave them in place but we HIGHLY
recommend to remove them! We have found a wide variety of problems caused by out of spec / faulty / false
contacts SIMS. Thus it is best to remove them!

The oxygen sensors are not needed ( can be unplugged ) but if you have an exhaust system that already has the
provision for these probes they can remain plugged in and used.

The exhaust differential pressure sensor ( on the top of the transmission, passenger side ) has to remain plugged
into the factory harness but the rubber lines coming from the stock exhaust have the be unplugged from the sensor

As far as I read on Mads site, it looks like the two things screwed into the cat and dpf can just stay on what I take off the truck. No reason to have anything in the pipes. It just looks like all of the a/m pipes have a bung in them. PLEASE give me insight if this won't work.

Chris
Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Chapter President

Thats how I understand it as well. I was not (initially) going to drop the NOX scrubber right away, just the Cat/DPF with a flange and 4" pipe to the muffler.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM
"California Style"

That CAT is in the downpipe. The NOX/DPF are in the straight pipe.

Ratl Ratl, I'm just going to through a plug in the O2 bung hole that is not needed and leave the sensors in the stock pipes being removed.

Keep it plug and play as much as possible for going back to stock if needed.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:59 PM

With Smarty, nothing goes back into the exhaust. There are 2 o2 sensors and 3 EGT sensors in the exhaust from the factory. They can all be removed with the OEM exhaust. If you buy a DPF delete pipe with bungs in it, that was from before Smarty and the XRT allowed sim-free operation. Just plug the holes and carry on. You can also buy an exhaust from an 04.5-07 5.9L that has NO bungs and run it just as-is. Some of the hangars may not line up perfect, but the exhaust itself will physically work with no issue (provided you are running the ME Smarty software).
Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 AM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's the plan. Alrighty, I'll continue with getting the pipe made and put on. just tie off the loose plugs and leave whatever is in the dpf and cat part in it. Cool.

Thanks for the responses. ME coming to me soon.

Chris