3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

07 DPF delete questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35" dune grapplers

Ok i bought a new toy hauler and had to go with 35s on the dodge, so i chose the Dune Grapplers. The pics are of poor quality, but it fills up the fenders well with the 5 inch lilft. I'll have to try to post them to my photobucket
Old 08-05-2009, 09:38 PM

haven't been here long & trying to learn some of this stuff... Excuse me for not knowing.. But, what does turbo back mean???
Old 08-05-2009, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How a "cat-back" exhaust is one from the catalytic converter to the tailpipe, a "turbo-back" is a complete exhaust system that includes all the components from the turbocharger to the tailpipe. This typically includes the downpipe off the turbocharger, a straight section of pipe (which may or may not include a muffler), and a tailpipe.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 AM

Very well put Bronco. I've posted a couple of pics on myspace, slicknelson74@yahoo.com is my name on there, or Chancey.
I went with the 35s to keep the pitch angle down on the new toy hauler.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 AM

i've been doing some reading on here and other sites. For just a little more umph is the EGR delete a must? IT seems like alot of hacking in the engine bay for that, which i'd much rather not do. I'm thinking of just sticking with the DPF delete and be done with that.
Any thoughts?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:58 AM

The EGR is what is killing your motor with every mile you drive. Get rid of it as soon as possible. I would advise investing in a Smarty or XRT which will shut off the DPF and EGR functions and allow you to do minimal changes under the hood. They also both have varying power levels if you aren't looking to add a bunch of power. Both Marco at MADS and Casey at H&S have both been known to make zero-horsepower tunes that still eliminate the emissions functions for customers so desiring as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Listen to Broncohound. I just finally decided to pull the EGR tube off my truck with only 5K miles and it was disgusting. Needed to make the truck kick the smoking habit and inhaling all that crap. I stuffed a freeze plug in the orifice and have the S67 for code free, no EGR. Next is the DPF.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM

Man i just don't wanna jepordize the warrenty is all i'm looking out for. I'll do some more thinking on this one, but i'm surely going with the DPF delete.
Thanks for the heads up, does anyone have some good pics of the EGR delete process?
Hey Bronco hound, if i mail you some pics of my truck with the new tires, can you post them for me?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't either. If that is the case, then don't do anything and wait. The S67 can be turned back to stock easy (although it may not be 100% undetectable). All you want to do with the S67 is change some speedometer calibrations right? The EGR can be unplugged and put back in service easy. Done right the DPF can be put back on easy. Back to stock.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:39 PM

yea that's what i'm gonna do, just do the DPF and put the smarty on it, then i can put it back should i need warrenty work. Thanks for the input
Old 08-11-2009, 12:31 AM

If a dealer wants to investigate far enough, they can find ANYTHING done to these trucks to void warranty, including nothing more than a DPF delete w/o programming changes. Luckily, very few dealerships have the resources, knowledge, or paranoia to investigate anything beyond a broad check. The Smarty is as close as you are going to get to undetectable with the 6.7L as far as programming is concerned due to the fact that it is one of the few out there that does NOT reset the key counter when you load a tune.

Chancey-PM sent with my email address.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:40 AM

Photos of Chancey's sweet looking rig:

Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 AM

Thanks man, i sure do appreciate that. And the compliments are nice as well. I got a few more plans for it, i really wanted the 37s but the toy hauler would be draging the back bumper LOL. I'm liking it all right, thinking about fabin up some traction bars, and maybe a couple of other things.
once again, Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 08:28 AM

Chancey;
You need to delete the EGR!
If you are not sure about this, go out and pull the aluminum intake off, look at all of the black crap that is being dumped into your nice new Cummins.
Then decide if you want to continue with the delete.
Do the EGR and DPF Delete, install the Smarty, and save your truck.
If your dealer will not agree with you doing the deletes, find another dealer.
My dealer, and others, understand that this is a must if you want to take care of the truck.
My dealer talked to dodge, and told me not to worry, they will warranty everything, and there is no need to reinstall the EGR or DPF, when going to the dealer.
You will need to reprogram back to stock, before the dealer plugs into your truck!!!!
Now understand that if you want to set the programmer to race, you will loose your warranty.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:23 PM

i think what i'll do, is do the dpf with the smarty, then do the egr after
Thanks for the info pal

Quick Reply: 07 DPF delete questions