3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

07 DPF delete questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 DPF delete questions

OK guys, i've got the lift, and rims and tires, now i need to make some more power!!! I am wanting to go with the DPF delete, but i'm not crazy about a programmer as my Bully dog assisted me in roasting my tranny on my 06!! I know there are some set ups that offer this without a programmer, but what about the EGR delete? is all that part of it, and what system would you guys recommend? I really need to get that thing off, as i do alot of pulling and with 37s i don't want my EGTs to escalade out of control. I'll be installing the full gauges on the truck too, But the next mod to be done is gonna be the exhaust!! Stacks on this dually or not?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:49 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just my opinion, but get the Smarty S67ME. Many differnet power levels, you can adjust for your tires. And best of all, you can get rid of the EGR and NOX/DPF without any other connects or Sims. Plug the EGR and get yourself and turbo back system of whatever config you like and you're good to go. Oh ya, you'll get some better MPG too.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mega-engr
Just my opinion, but get the Smarty S67ME. Many differnet power levels, you can adjust for your tires. And best of all, you can get rid of the EGR and NOX/DPF without any other connects or Sims. Plug the EGR and get yourself and turbo back system of whatever config you like and you're good to go. Oh ya, you'll get some better MPG too.
X2... Researching this for a long time and its the best overall programmer out there IMHO...
Old 06-16-2009, 11:16 PM

So with this smarty and the dpf/nox delete, i shouldn't have to worry about any issues with codes and sh!? like that right? I really don't run my truck hard(race or sled pulls) i just want more umph and sound when i'm towing my 37' toy hauler. Not to mention the better MPG as well.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:44 AM

Get a Smarty S67-ME!!!
Install new exhaust, Turbo Back, and get rid of the EGR!!
You will love it!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by chancey
So with this smarty and the dpf/nox delete, i shouldn't have to worry about any issues with codes and sh!? like that right? I really don't run my truck hard(race or sled pulls) i just want more umph and sound when i'm towing my 37' toy hauler. Not to mention the better MPG as well.
That is the idea and what the Smarty and deletes so for you. This is all I want as well for towing - a bit more power, more MPG, and no CELs.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:15 PM

I just installed a 5" turbo back system, egr delete and an Edge Juice w/attitude on my buddys 08 and he loves it. True the Edge won't give you the ungodly amount of power that the Smarty will, but he liked the idea of having all of his guages on his pillar and the idea of being able to change the power level on the fly instead of having to stop and reprogram it. He has a 4" lift and 35"s on his and on the extreme level it roasted the tires a good 20 feet before he let off of it (ran out of room). I know there will be everyone and their dog come out of the woodwork saying to go with the smarty but the Edge is a great thing to look at and gives you another option to weigh before spending the kind of money that you are looking to spend. My buddy just wanted more sound, better fuel economy and more power when he's pulling his trailer or playing around without frying his tranny and he absolutely loves it. he's going to get the hot unlock code this week and play some more with it. Again just my .02 but at least this gives you another option when looking around. Good luck and have fun
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 PM

Thats the kinda feedback i'm looking for, More options, thanks for all the input guys, i'll post some pics of the truck with the 37s when i get home from korea. Looking good now, semi de-badged and smoked recons on the cab.
Thanks again for the help and insight.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:45 PM

hey chancey i'm not sure how the admin feels about promoting other shops or anything, but if you want to know where i got the parts from for my buddies truck and the prices, shoot me a pm.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by chancey
Thats the kinda feedback i'm looking for, More options, thanks for all the input guys, i'll post some pics of the truck with the 37s when i get home from korea. Looking good now, semi de-badged and smoked recons on the cab.
Thanks again for the help and insight.
Off-topic, but PLEASE post pictures of the truck with 37" Terra Grapplers. I LOVE my 35" Terra's and am going to 37" for my next set, but saw the 37x12.50R17 Terra Grapplers are rated at almost 14" wide. I didn't think they would work being that wide. I'd LOVE to see them on your truck. Thanks.

[/hijack]
Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 AM

I went with the 5" TBE from FTE diesel 6" stacks as you can see from my sig. I went with the XRT tuner, which is in the process of being upgraded to a black edition that will include a monitor similar to the PMT with sublevels for a more custom tune. Sounds great, runs great, getting about 22.5/23 unloaded at about 65.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll get the pics up when i get back to the states, right now i'm in S korea. I did some checking on the 37" T. Graps and it stated 12.68 inches i think,so i went ahead and ordered them, plus on the dually rims, they'll be skinny for sure. I can't wait to get them on.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:01 AM

I sure hope they fit. According to Nitto's website, the 37x12.50R17D Terra Grapplers are 13.43" wide.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Eti...appler%2Esizes

I'm currently running 325/70R17D Terra Grapplers, which according to Nitto are 13.12" wide and they sure seem every bit of it. I'm afraid anything wider than these and there will be some turning issues. Please keep us updated once you get home and get them on.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:18 PM

OOOO musta looked at the wrong numbers there, either way i'll give them a shot. Now i was running 35X12.50 on my 06 2500 on stock rims, these were the DC FC2s but i had zero issues running those, now with a 6" lift on my new truck it should be ok, just worried about the backs rubbin on each other, but i've got 2" steel between spacers, so i'll give it a go in 2 weeks and i'll post photos and let you guys know how it works. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Can't wait to see the pictures, Chancey. Definately keep us updated on this one!

Quick Reply: 07 DPF delete questions