Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Would a dealer void (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/would-dealer-void-155581/)

DADDY'S DIESEL 06-15-2007 08:49 AM

Would a dealer void

Would a dealer void anything because I have a banks tuner.?

check this thread too https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=155579

53 willys 06-15-2007 09:09 AM

dude you got bad/leaking injectors!!!!!!! DONT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK!!!!!!!!!
you need new injectors and yes the dealer may void your warranty because of the banks.....

Rollin' Smoke 06-15-2007 09:16 AM

hate to say it but you have some issues on your hands.

dodgezilla04 06-15-2007 09:24 AM

follow the advice of the folks above. your injectors are done.

walker 06-15-2007 09:26 AM

That's precisely why I'm real leary and cautious about any performance upgrades. It's got to be something I can reverse and revert back to stock without a trace before anyone get's my money.

Sorry to hear that...anything that makes the motor run leaner like a cold air system or tuner can cause a dealer to void the warranty.

new2ctd 06-15-2007 09:29 AM

They gave you the best advise in the other thread. and again here.

Take the Banks off. and anything that looks like its Banks.
Then get towed in and hope that they don't dig and dig looking for a reason to void you.

Or you can go somewhere for aftermarket sticks. They will install and drain all of the oil/fuel.

I say whatever you do change the oil twice in a day or 2 after repairs.

bob4x4 06-15-2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by new2ctd (Post 1554691)
They gave you the best advise in the other thread. and again here.

Take the Banks off. and anything that looks like its Banks.
Then get towed in and hope that they don't dig and dig looking for a reason to void you.

Or you can go somewhere for aftermarket sticks. They will install and drain all of the oil/fuel.

I say whatever you do change the oil twice in a day or 2 after repairs.

Yes.lets advocate fraud [nonono]

you play you pay

Bob

CrazyCooter 06-15-2007 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by bob4x4 (Post 1555357)
Yes.lets advocate fraud [nonono]

you play you pay

Bob

So it is assumed Banks or any other mild electronic performance will make injectors fail?

I wouldn't try to make the warranty pay for damages caused by mods, but the dealer will likely automaticly point the finger if anything is modified, even if the mods didn't cause the failure.

Why do some have injector failures and some don't? Defective parts?

Injectors fail on bone stock trucks.

So why would it be fraud to remove the Banks box when likely it didn't actually cause his injector failure, to ensure no finger pointing?

I would agree fraud if a guy has a hot Smarty, twins, and meth then removes it all to get warranty. It wouldn't be fair to DC.

My ball joints were bad BEFORE I installed the 22.5's. Do you think they will take care of me now if I take it in?[laugh]

new2ctd 06-15-2007 06:04 PM

Cooter, That's exactly right, you are guilty of running some kind of chip or box or something as soon as you walk in.

How many threads are there where a guy with big tires gets voided/refused for bad fuel? Bad fuel messed your tranny up. Their was at least one guy that was accused of running Banks and he said he never has.

Big tires prevents warranty work on windshield wipers, or door gaskets.

Fraud works both ways Bob. Cause your suspension has voided your paint warranty.
I'm sorry for being the first person to ever tell someone to take their tuner or something off.

DADDY'S DIESEL 06-16-2007 01:37 PM

Thanks for help you all
I got the banks off and I called the tow truck.

Side note:
When I bought the banks sixgun I asked the salesman on the phone will your product void my warranty? He said NO.
Yeah I know you should never trust a salesman.

vegashd 06-16-2007 05:17 PM

the first place a service advisor goes to find info on peoples trucks is the internet to look at their sigs in their posts.

Luvnacumns 06-16-2007 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by vegashd (Post 1556582)
the first place a service advisor goes to find info on peoples trucks is the internet to look at their sigs in their posts.

What???? How do they know who I am ??? Not saying that I wouldn't put it past them but that seems a little far fetched??? Anything to support that???

rbrettctd 06-16-2007 05:55 PM

I agree. That does sound far-fetched.

dodgezilla04 06-16-2007 09:25 PM

all the bank$ salesmen and their literature state will not void warranty. when the dealer voids you, give gale banks a call and ask him to help you out due to his advertising statement.

Luvnacumns 06-16-2007 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04 (Post 1556936)
all the bank$ salesmen and their literature state will not void warranty. when the dealer voids you, give gale banks a call and ask him to help you out due to his advertising statement.

X2 on that!!!!!