3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wicked Diesel Arson kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
ltw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wicked Diesel Arson kit

Can anyone tell me what this is and does. Does it help a close to stock truck. Is it similar to a DIY CP3 mod?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 PM

Well what i can tell you is that it helps the guy who starts to run agressive fueling boxes with bigger injectors. Keeps the rail pressure up. Its an upgrade to the cp3 injection pump. its a good starting spot for upgrades to the pump, its basically the "building block" to bigger pumps. Others im sure can explain it better than me, or have other insights.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
ltw

I read somwhere that this alone can add 50-80hp. Is this correct?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I have one.

It is almost a stage one pump, not hard to do if you are somewhat mechanically inclined.

The mod itself does not add any hp, (maybe 5-10) but it gives the potential for more fuel to make more HP.

I am running ~150 hp sticks, and it supports me with my mods turned to kill with 26.5k down the track at WOT...

I highly reccomend it. Shane is also good people to deal with. What else do you want to know? If you do decide to get it, PM me, and I will give you some tips that will help you out.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
ltw

Is this similar to the Floor it DIY CP3 upgrade or what parts do you get?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I also dealt with Shane and found him to be ANYTHING but honest in his business dealings....I would be VERY careful when dealing with him

Most guys that get this mod quickly wish they had saved their money and put it toward a more substantial pump upgrade like you get from Floor It.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 PM

Does this kit allow the pump to flow more fuel and/or does it increase the pressure to the injectors?

My FCA is going so I'm thinking of a kit like this to fix my problem.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 AM

I just got one, not installed yet, but my thought process was to start with the arson 2 kit, and when i get injectors, upgrade to the full modded CP3 pump (as the Arson 2 parts are used on the full modded cp3 pump)...you sort of get a credit in lieu of paying full price....e.g. it's ok to do it in this sequence..you're not throwing your money away......and for stock injectors, i dont think a full modded cp3 is required, granted if i had unlimited funds, i'd spend the $1600 on the full modded pump, i dont, so $345 is much easier to handle

I talked to Shane at Wicked about the above..he was very helpful and seemed like good people to me.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 AM
tcr

The Arson II is a stg 1 CP3, and a STG 2 just adds some porting for more plunger volume and flow.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 AM

If you wait a week or two, he's coming out with the arson 3 kit (right now its the arson 2). Its suppose to flow more and give an extra 20hp, and its going to be 50 more bucks, well worth it IMO. Also, if you get his Arson kit and eventually want a bigger CP3, like a stage 3, he subtracts the price of the Arson kit from the CP3, so you arent buying anything twice. And Shane at Wicked has awsome, customer service.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 AM
trx

I talked to Shane at Wicked about the above..he was very helpful and seemed like good people to me.[/QUOTE]

X2 ..I have one on the way also.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hintz
If you wait a week or two, he's coming out with the arson 3 kit (right now its the arson 2). Its suppose to flow more and give an extra 20hp, and its going to be 50 more bucks, well worth it IMO. Also, if you get his Arson kit and eventually want a bigger CP3, like a stage 3, he subtracts the price of the Arson kit from the CP3, so you arent buying anything twice. And Shane at Wicked has awsome, customer service.
We'll that sucks, just got mine a week ago and sitting in a box in my garage....i emailed Shane to see if worth sending back and paying the extra $50....in the end i'm going to a stage 3 CP3....so not sure if it matters or not?

If it's truely 20hp more flow for $50, guessing it's worth it.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
We'll that sucks, just got mine a week ago and sitting in a box in my garage....i emailed Shane to see if worth sending back and paying the extra $50....in the end i'm going to a stage 3 CP3....so not sure if it matters or not?

If it's truely 20hp more flow for $50, guessing it's worth it.
Keep it, its an extra part for his arson II (3 parts where the arson 3 has 4 parts), so if you have the arson II and want the III, its 50 bucks and he sends you another part.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by jgiachino

I talked to Shane at Wicked about the above..he was very helpful and seemed like good people to me.
I agree he seemed real nice and helpful on the phone the problem is that it turned out everything he said to me while appearing nice was a lie. When confronted he just tried to bury them with more lies.......... I honestly don't have a clue when the guy is telling the truth anymore.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I also dealt with Shane and found him to be ANYTHING but honest in his business dealings....I would be VERY careful when dealing with him

Most guys that get this mod quickly wish they had saved their money and put it toward a more substantial pump upgrade like you get from Floor It.
I know Shane has pushed his products pretty hard and has list alot of information the forums bashing others and really not producing info to back his claims up. I have dealt with him when I got the original Arson kit. He kept telling me not to worry about upgrading it and that its a waiste of $ to go to Arson III. Then in another breath he tells me I should. I got numerous price quotes from him for the dragonslayer and each price was different. I stopped calling him because all he did was bash the competitors when you asked him about his products. They all basically use the same stuff and methods when thye build there pumps and turbos and all. Customer service and reliable products keeps me comming back, ie BD, fass, Smarty, DDP. As for wicked, I can do without his bashing and unreliable quotes. Twice I ordered the dragonslayer and twice he raised the price on me.

Quick Reply: Wicked Diesel Arson kit