Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   what the ???? NO MORE SMOKE! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/what-no-more-smoke-120119/)

dieselram_04 10-15-2006 02:10 PM

what the ???? NO MORE SMOKE!

i filled up my tank after work friday afternoon and went out saturday night and was playing with the juice on level 5 low boost fuel on 5 and my truck hardly smokes at all now it used to let out a pretty good stream if i mashed it takin off now it just lets out a little puff and my fuel gauge is dropping REAL quick thought mybe my walbro quit on me but i climbed under the truck and grabbed the return line and i felt it pulsating so surely its not that i have no gauges other than my edge yet. also i am going to have to scrounge up some money and call hts pronto now when i roll into the throttle around 55 and let off i can feel the torque conv slip and then when i let off i can feel it grab and it thunks pretty good. anyone know why my truck dont smoke anymore i bought the fuel from a FS gas station in IL the pump SAID it was the LSD not the ULSD so i dunno

NHdodgeman 10-15-2006 02:38 PM

Sounds like Bum injector possibly..

dieselram_04 10-15-2006 06:31 PM

bump..... anyone else?

Jnoble 10-15-2006 07:58 PM

How has the temps been where you live? Mine smokes less and burns more fuel when it cools off. Just an idea.

Totallyrad 10-15-2006 08:08 PM

Maybe you just got your first tank of ULSD. All stations had to be switched over by 10-15-06. It's supposed to smoke allot less.;)

CButler610 10-15-2006 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jnoble (Post 1167272)
How has the temps been where you live? Mine smokes less and burns more fuel when it cools off. Just an idea.

Yep, years of running diesel trucks has taught me this. In Illinois, where I am from the Farm Service (FS) fuel was always good. Really, the only way to make a judgmet is to look at all the stats; fuel pressure, EGT, boost, etc.

I really don't think it is ULSD, although you probably are using this crap in Illinois. Especially near Chicago.

I will save my ULSD rant for another thread. I have a solution for now down here.

Chris

dieselram_04 10-15-2006 10:03 PM

it has been a little cooler here so that might have something to do with. does the winter diesel smoke less than the summer blend? The pump i got diesel from was marked 500ppm diesel which is the LSD so surely they cant sell ULSD and mark the pumps as LSD can they?

CButler610 10-15-2006 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by dieselram_04 (Post 1167448)
it has been a little cooler here so that might have something to do with. does the winter diesel smoke less than the summer blend? The pump i got diesel from was marked 500ppm diesel which is the LSD so surely they cant sell ULSD and mark the pumps as LSD can they?

Yes, they can, until tomorrow. And yes, the winter blend will/could have an impact in the colder climates.

EDIT: replace your fuel filter. If over 3K, discard.

dieselram_04 10-16-2006 07:49 PM

when an injector goes bad do you just buy new nozzles or do you have too shell out the big bucks for the whole darn things what kinda money will i be lookin at for some injectors that wont drain my rail with stock cp3 like maybe some 50 HP or flux 1s

deezulsmoke 10-17-2006 07:28 AM

I just saw a post on here where a guy had the same problem and it was his transmission slipping. Dont ask me how lol I forgot why the reason was behind this, but once his trans was rebuilt the smoke came back. Could possibly be what yours is since your converter is slipping. I believe that was the problem this other guy had with his trans. Wish I could remember where the thread was at. Just do a search on here, it was a pretty recent thread.

neverenough 10-17-2006 08:15 AM

Yup, if the tranny is slipping bad enough it will not put enough load on the motor to allow you to smoke. Put your truck in nuetral ad floor it, it wont smoke much that way either. Could be that you are ready to graduate to the next level of mods........:cool:

BlackSheep5 11-16-2006 06:40 PM

im on my 2nd tank of ULSD and it still smokes but its not black its a greyish white now.