3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What To Do FIRST ! (06)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by John_P
danalex: ... served during the Vietnam years. ...AC-130 Gunships, F-4's, B-52's. ...if you are going to modify the truck much over about 50-75 H.P.
John, honored & humbled...thank YOU sir!
I don't plan many "mods"; mostly just in to make the truck perform/last (safely) for a long time. ...good clean air and fuel and comfort. I will pull a trailer occasionally, but not much. Got the truck with 156K mi. Thus far have flushed several fluids (Oil myself...not bad); (Coolant..BG flush..wasn't bad); (Trans...BG flush...was very bad); (rear pumpkin...bad); (front pumpkin...not bad); (pwr steering...BG flush...bad). Still need to flush brake fluid and that "extra" transmission reservoir for the 4x4.

Discovered strange code: U1421....I can't clear it with my tool... I know the definition, but don't know what it really means in plain USA English.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by organicfarmer
Shift kit for-sure! And trans electronics...etc,etc......
I have the triple disc TC; i kinda wish i had a singal disc so it dosnt lock so hard, i still have the stock input shaft; i feel the triple disc should have the HD input... A shift kit with a good single disc low stall TC [Goerend] should be ok if trans pressure is high enough and HP isnt wild
. Driver needs self control!!

A low stall TC makes these trans a lot better for DD and towing!

Not arguing with you John; just throwing my 2$
---------------------------------------------
organicfarmer:

No problem Sir,.....I just wanted to say that I recommended an aftermarket valve body to danalex and if he did that the "shift kit" you mention would be put in that aftermarket valve body. All of the major aftermarket diesel transmission companies (ATS, Suncoast, Goerend, etc.) do major changes internally to their valve bodies.

Anyway, in light of danalex's last reply it looks like he is going to stay "stock"
for now.
The following users liked this post:
organicfarmer (06-14-2016)