3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Well I did it. I took the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Well I did it. I took the plunge

Today I finally pulled the trigger and put in my order for a new Garmon stage 2 transmission. I should be headed up there next weekend to get it installed and I'm pretty pumped about it. After searching through the forums for the past few months and hearing about the quality of Jeff's work and my current proximity to his shop it was a no brainier. It might be overkill for what I have now but it's a now or never decision since I'll be driving to the north pole at the end of this month. Thanks to the knowledgeable folks on this forum who helped guide me in the right direction. I'll keep y'all posted on how she performs; if someone would help calm me from the sticker shock that'd be good too.
Next step: get the white stallion to 600 hp.
Cheers
Old 07-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats!! Update us when you get back
Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 AM

Good for you, I wish I had the guts to just do it too.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:51 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Originally Posted by 075point9
Good for you, I wish I had the guts to just do it too.
Guts or funds.......
Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM

8Lug...
Good for you! I am extremely jealous...
I too have done a lot of research on this "inevitable" upgrade. As a result I will be going with Garmons as well. Although, I am holding out until I absolutely HAVE to upgrade. In short, I have gone as far as speaking with Jeff directly (hell of a guy), telling the wife to set up a "tranny fund" (that was close to a year ago...), and like yourself, decided to go with the Garmons Stage 2 option.

I will be looking closely for your updates and feedback after you get it back from Jeff. Again, from everyone I have talked to and "unbiased reviews", you will not be dissapointed. As you say, this is not a small investment!

Good luck on your goal to 600 hp....sounds like your tranny will be your last concern with respect to harnessing it!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 PM

You won't be disappointed with Jeff's work and his concern about his customers. He did my trans and it's been flawless. Be sure to post back when you get it done.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by jhenson
Guts or funds.......
Yeah well you know how it is
Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Originally Posted by 075point9
Yeah well you know how it is
I guess they can both go hand in hand....gotta have the guts to spend the funds!! That's a whole lotta both from my standpoint but from everything I've ever read/heard about Garmons work....it's top notch!!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by jhenson
I guess they can both go hand in hand....gotta have the guts to spend the funds!! That's a whole lotta both from my standpoint but from everything I've ever read/heard about Garmons work....it's top notch!!
To echo this ("takes guts"..), I know I was about a 12 pack deep before drumming up the nerve to explain to the wife how much this upgrade was going to eventaully cost. She looked at me like I was crazy as hell .

I remember her making the comment, "I thought we bought a diesel because how reliable they are"...God love her!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM

I've always been told that the glory belongs to the bold so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I don't have a better half to support or talk sense into me. Plus I'm fine with eating ramen and drinking PBR for the next few months.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by 8Lug_hotrod
I've always been told that the glory belongs to the bold so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I don't have a better half to support or talk sense into me. Plus I'm fine with eating ramen and drinking PBR for the next few months.
That's great^^^
In response, I can only say that as a result (the wife...) I have a hell of a lot more money in the bank, but a hell of a lot less toys/mods than I would preffer!
Hence, I find myself living vicariously through many on this site...

Keep sticking to that diet and you will really have a rig to contend with!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Tranny upgrade is one of the best mods you can do. PERIOD!!!!!! Love my Goerends. I didn't get a complete unit, I just had his parts put in at around 38,000 miles or so.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by cstewart
That's great^^^
In response, I can only say that as a result (the wife...) I have a hell of a lot more money in the bank, but a hell of a lot less toys/mods than I would preffer!
Hence, I find myself living vicariously through many on this site...

Keep sticking to that diet and you will really have a rig to contend with!
I always intend to save my money but I just keep finding things to spend it on, you know, to stimulate the economy and such. I'm just excited to not have to baby the transmission anymore and be able to move on to the so called big boy upgrades. One day I'll start saving for retirement.....
Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 PM

Alright, tomorrow is the big day. The white stallion is getting its well deserved new transmission. I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve. Hopefully I'll be able to report back sometime this weekend with my initial impressions of my new Garmon. I've been thinking about upgrading to the hot unlock for my edge. Anyone have any opinions on it? Is it worth the $100?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 8Lug_hotrod
Alright, tomorrow is the big day. The white stallion is getting its well deserved new transmission. I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve. Hopefully I'll be able to report back sometime this weekend with my initial impressions of my new Garmon. I've been thinking about upgrading to the hot unlock for my edge. Anyone have any opinions on it? Is it worth the $100?
And? What do you think of that new tranny? You spend all weekend pulling brick-Edit houses down off thier foundation?

Quick Reply: Well I did it. I took the plunge